Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon irc 3380 0D91

Hi Guys.I have an irc 3380 intermittently jamming.Most of the jam codes are for 0D91(paper size mismatch).All the size indicator dials are set correctly and the copier will jam copying and printing.Also,when I go into service mode to look at the jams it doesn't show a diagram as to what sensor to look at.Is this normal for an 0D91 jam code?.The customer was using 75 gram paper so I got them to try 80 gram but as it is a 24 hour operation it is hard to monitor what they are using.I have ran hundreds of copys with the 80 gram with no problem.I cleaned any sensors I could find (including the pre-reg sensor).There is an internal finisher on this machine and I got a call today for finsher tray dropping and not returning to home position.I swapped the paper feed unit from tray 4 to tray 1 for the jamming problem just in case there was a problem with tray 1 but to no avail.Can the finisher on these machines throw up this sort of jam code.I'd appreciate any ideas you may have.Cheers!

Re: Canon irc 3380 0D91

Quote Originally Posted by srv View Post
    Hi Guys.I have an irc 3380 intermittently jamming.Most of the jam codes are for 0D91(paper size mismatch).All the size indicator dials are set correctly and the copier will jam copying and printing.Also,when I go into service mode to look at the jams it doesn't show a diagram as to what sensor to look at.Is this normal for an 0D91 jam code?.The customer was using 75 gram paper so I got them to try 80 gram but as it is a 24 hour operation it is hard to monitor what they are using.I have ran hundreds of copys with the 80 gram with no problem.I cleaned any sensors I could find (including the pre-reg sensor).There is an internal finisher on this machine and I got a call today for finsher tray dropping and not returning to home position.I swapped the paper feed unit from tray 4 to tray 1 for the jamming problem just in case there was a problem with tray 1 but to no avail.Can the finisher on these machines throw up this sort of jam code.I'd appreciate any ideas you may have.Cheers!
    If the copier is copying ok, it sounds more like an issue with what the customer/user is sending form their PC.. are they selecting the right size etc... worth checking as i have had this sort of problem in the past although not on this model..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for you reply.It jams on copying also.I had the luxury of replacing the finisher from an old junk machine they had on site and the copier is working at the moment but I am not confident(even after running a ream of paper with no jams)that this is the fix.The finisher is working fine.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon irc 3380 0D91

Thanks for you reply.It jams on copying also.I had the luxury of replacing the finisher from an old junk machine they had on site and the copier is working at the moment but I am not confident(even after running a ream of paper with no jams)that this is the fix.The finisher is working fine.
    Usually
    0D91 is Manual feed paper sensor DELAY PICK-UP (PS10)

Check the control panel setting for paper size matches the size of the paper fed from the bypass.

your cassette dials are correct !
    check in back for blocked paper over cassette connections
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

It is normal to have no indication of which sensor to check for 0D91. It also says paper length NG just like yours. It ran ok in manual feed for a while but eventually came up 0D92.
    I am fighting the same code on a 7065 using thinner 11x17 paper. This paper runs fine on their 8500, but craps out after 5 - 20 copies on their 7055.
    Cutting this paper down to letter size has not caused a jam, but they dont run letter.
    Using 11.5x17.5 -NO jam

Canon irc 3380 0D91

Quote Originally Posted by vigour View Post
    It is normal to have no indication of which sensor to check for 0D91. It also says paper length NG just like yours. It ran ok in manual feed for a while but eventually came up 0D92.
    I am fighting the same code on a 7065 using thinner 11x17 paper. This paper runs fine on their 8500, but craps out after 5 - 20 copies on their 7055.
    Cutting this paper down to letter size has not caused a jam, but they dont run letter.
    Using 11.5x17.5 -NO jam

iR3380
    do a MF tray width Adjustment

imageRUNNER C2880 / C2880i / C3380 / C3380i
    Supported Paper Types and Paper Sizes for the imageRUNNER C2880 / C3380 Series

Canon USA, Inc. Systems & Technical Support Division

Last edited by teckat; 09-16-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Canon irc 3380 0D91

Measures Against Jams 0D91 and 02XX Due to Displacement of the Size Detect Dial
    on various models/series
    READ THIS PDF-----JAM 0D91_TP08-1.pdf

this 0D91 issue was also addressed in the iR5180 SERIES with a DCON update

When a paper jam occurs due to a incorrect cassette paper size setting, the message is
    displayed after the jammed paper is removed.
    (* Conventionally, only error code (Jam: 0D91) was displayed.)
    [Message]
    The paper type that was fed is different from the paper type that is registered for the paper source. Load the correct paper and press the [Resume Printing] key.
    * This change is enabled when combining with DCON v60.02 or later, with System Software v75.60

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for all the help guys.I haven't heard from the customer since my last post so I'll keep my fingers crossed.If the problem is gone,great!! but I hate not nailing the fault as something definite for future reference.Having said that it is now friday evening,monday morning could change everything.

Canon irc 3380 0D91

Thanks for all the help guys.I haven't heard from the customer since my last post so I'll keep my fingers crossed.If the problem is gone,great!! but I hate not nailing the fault as something definite for future reference.Having said that it is now friday evening,monday morning could change everything.

good luck<

note:
    I still can't believe how may customers still call a DF > the Reader & the MF >the Feeder/ drives u nuts when you call them/ u arrive > and it's not even close to the issue

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    good luck<

note:
    I still can't believe how may customers still call a DF > the Reader & the MF >the Feeder/ drives u nuts when you call them/ u arrive > and it's not even close to the issue
    Along those lines, if I am not certain what they are referring to, I ask them to point to the part on the copier they are having problems with. I have people that call anything that moves the paper as "The Feeder"
    "Once a King, always a King, but once a Knight is enough!"