Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ir 3025

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Re: ir 3025

The hard drive erase feature probably cost in the neighborhood of 400/500 dollars, it would be a shame to undo it and lose that value. As to the removal of the kit, I can find no installation manual for the feature, which would let you know what you would have to remove. The hard drive that is currently in the machine should be able to be reused in the copier after the kit is uninstalled, you would simply have to reformat the drive and reload system software...
    "Once a King, always a King, but once a Knight is enough!"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ir 3025

I just experienced this. I went into level 2 and license transfer area. Find the HDD erase option and change 1 to a 0 . My machine didnt have the encryption kit so that is all you have to worry about. I got a transfer key and now the option is off. I then updated systems s.

On the 3245 this can be tricky if option was put in before version 35. was installed. there is a KB article about this kit and that model in regards to removing it or transfer.
    Last edited by Simons; 10-29-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir 3025

Quote Originally Posted by Simons View Post
    I just experienced this. I went into level 2 and license transfer area. Find the HDD erase option and change 1 to a 0 . My machine didnt have the encryption kit so that is all you have to worry about. I got a transfer key and now the option is off. I then updated systems s.

On the 3245 this can be tricky if option was put in before version 35. was installed. there is a KB article about this kit and that model in regards to removing it or transfer.

HDD Data Erase Kit-B2
    If the HDD Erase Kit is installed on the machine with a system software version lower than 35.06, this "License is Invalid" message will appear. It occurs when the license key is input before upgrading system software. This problem will not occur on a machine with system software at 35.06 or later.

An important note here is the order in which the license number and the software is installed, when the System Software is lower than 35.06. If the license key is input before the system software is updated, the message will occur. If the system software is updated to 80.02 before the license number is installed, it will not. If the machine is at 35.06 or higher, it will not cause a problem.

Note:
    If this issue occurs, it will be necessary to contact the Technical Support Center for further troubleshooting / investigation.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TEC DOG View Post
    How to delite this option please?
    Dear Tec Dog,
    you can delete this option using the following steps
    go to service mode level 2>copier >option>LCNS-TR > TR-HDCLR this will generate a transfer code that you can use to transfer this option to another m/c and will stop this function on your m/c.