Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar

ImageProGraf W8400 printhead

I went to a new customer for a friend. They are far away so when i was in the area i stopped in. They needed a waste tank. I did a reset on it just to see if it needed anything else. Then it came up with a printhead error. Everything else on the machine seemed to check out fine. They ordered the 2 items themselves(tried to install but came back with the error) and want me to come back in and install them. Before i make the long trip i want to make sure i am not missing anything. I have heard that sometimes this comes with new firmware for the new printhead. Is it very important to install if it comes with it? If i install the printhead and go into service mode and do the reset ... is that all that is needed or is there some special service calibration software i may need?
    I have repaired many printers over the last 13 years but never this model so i want to be certain due to the distance.
    Thank you for any help
    Derrick
    Last edited by mailderrick; 09-19-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling/grammatical

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ImageProGraf W8400 printhead

Re: ImageProGraf W8400 printhead

E2802

If a new Print Head is installed before upgrading the Firmware to at least 2.15, Error Code 2802 may occur. Instructions and the CD for updating the printer are included with the new print head, however, it sometimes gets overlooked by the customer.

Work Around:

Install the old (original) Print Head.
    Degrade the firmware back to 2.11,using the L-Printer Service Tool, reboot the printer.
    Upgrade the Firmware to 2.15 using the L-Printer Service Tool, reboot the printer.
    Install a new Print Head, check the Nozzle Print pattern for misfires.
    Perform appropriate adjustments.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

mazazam

Re: ImageProGraf W8400 printhead

Did this work? ...