Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

CLC 3200 Too Much Yellow!

I have a customer with a CLC3200 in a copyshop enviroment, the machine is getting a little tired now but they're not in a position to replace it at the moment!

For a while now they have had an issue with the prints from PC and Copy's being too yellow, we have recalibrated the machine several times, cleaned all the laser slit glasses and fitted a brand new yellow drum, none of which has made any difference.

The image also only seems to be too yellow towards the rear frame side and not so bad toward the front? could this be a tx belt issue?

Also, is there a seperate calibration for the fiery print controller or is it all done through the user tools calibration, I'm a Ricoh/Toshiba trained tech and don't have as much experience with Canon!

Cheers
    Simon

Re: CLC 3200 Too Much Yellow!

Product : imageRUNNER C3200
    Title : Yellow Background

Problem :
    The copies have a heavy yellow background off the glass. The background is lighter on the front and gets darker towards the rear of the machine.

Solution :
    After RAM clear and CCD adjust did not correct the problem, the Reader Controller was replaced.
    Replacing the Reader Controller resolved the problem

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: CLC 3200 Too Much Yellow!

These are cracking machines but when asking for print shop qualty they need extra tlc.i've had a few of these in print shops.i've had good results swopping drums out as a set and fitting itb,internal transfer rollers and external transfer roller at the same time.
    The fiery does have a calibration but if your running on old consumables then your wasting your time.

Whats the life of the itb and tx rollers?