Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    delweby1

IR 3570 need help with how to stop incoming fax

I have a IR 3570 and I have been trying to stop the incoming faxes for this machine. Can anyone help me on how to stop incoming faxes but allow outgoing faxes other than unplugging the phone line......Thanks

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Re: IR 3570 need help with how to stop incoming fax

Quote Originally Posted by delweby1 View Post
    I have a IR 3570 and I have been trying to stop the incoming faxes for this machine. Can anyone help me on how to stop incoming faxes but allow outgoing faxes other than unplugging the phone line......Thanks
    If there is no option or setting on the machine to stop incoming faxes, maybe the telephone carrier can help to solve the issue. Am sure they can disable the incoming calls(voice) so maybe they can disable aslo the incoming calls (data/fax)...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Perhaps you could increase the number of rings before pickup. After 32 seconds the sender will give up.

Or you could turn on distinctive ring. It would never answer. I like that one better.
    You'd probably want to turn off the ringer volume also. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Disable auto reception by setting the ring count to a value much higher than 4 (for example, 25; max. 99). No sending unit is generally programmed to wait this long. Also, some phone systems will not allow you to wait on-line that long without generating a warning message. To set the number of rings see the following: For fax-enabled imagerunners
    -Enter Service Mode on the device then select Fax to enter the Fax Service Mode.

For stand-alone fax units
    -Enter the Fax Service Mode.

Service Modes for various models
    -Data Registration / #
    -Menu / #
    -Additional Functions / 2 / 8 / Additional Functions
    -Additional Functions / 28 / Additional Functions / Fax

1.Select NCU (or #4B NCU).
    2.Select 8. Auto RX.
    3.Highlight or choose 007.The default setting will be 02 (two rings).
    4.Change the value to a number much higher than 5.

expanded RX functions
    The Auto/Manual RX setting is not listed under Additional Functions > Communication Setting > Fax Settings > RX Settings. These buttons are found under System Monitor > Fax > Received Job Status.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

How to Block Junk Fax Telemarketers

Definitions
    To understand the revised rules, you must first understand the meaning of the terms “unsolicited advertisement” and “established business relationship.”
    As defined in FCC rules, an “unsolicited advertisement” is “any material advertising the commercial availability or quality of any property, goods, or services which is transmitted to any person without that person’s prior express invitation or permission, in writing or otherwise.”
    Also as defined in FCC rules, an “established business relationship” or EBR is “a prior or existing relationship formed by a voluntary two-way communication between a person or entity and a business or residential subscriber with or without an exchange of consideration [payment], on the basis of an inquiry, application, purchase or transaction by the business or residential subscriber regarding products or services offered by such person or entity, which relationship has not been previously terminated by either party.”

Methods to stop the faxes

• Put "Privacy Director" service from the phone company on your fax lines. Calls from unidentified numbers will be blocked.
    • Calling them and asking to be removed generally does not work, as these scammers are already operating outside the law, they don't care, and will probably put your number of a list of now-verified fax numbers to sell to others scammers.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**