Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar

ImageRunner 7200 not printing or scanning

I was given the story from a customer (who uses me for most of all their other machines and was told if i get this going she will turn everything over to me):

They used this machine (until it stopped working a few months back) for printing,scanning, and copying.
    At some point in time it stopped printing and scanning. She said that she can ping to it and she also deleted the drivers and re-set them up and still no printing. I want to try to tackle this but Canon is not my strong point. I am looking to fellow CopyTechNet friends for tips and tricks and any help is greatly appreciated!
    Derrick
    Last edited by mailderrick; 10-02-2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: corrections

Re: ImageRunner 7200 not printing or scanning

In this case i usually use my notebook and cross cable.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ImageRunner 7200 not  printing or scanning

Use it to check network-related connections
    Use it to check the connection of the machine and the network (only whenTCP/IP is in use).
    COPIER>TEST<NETWORK>PING

1) Turn off the main power switch.
    2) Connect the network cable to the machine, and turn on the main power switch.
    3) Inform the user’s system administrator that a check will be made on the network connection, and find out the remote host address (IP address of the PC terminal on the user's network) for a PING command.
    5) Make the following selections in service mode: COPIER>TEST> NETWORK>PING. Then, enter the IP address found in step 4); press the OK key, and then press the Start key.
    • If the connection to the network is normal, ‘OK’ will be indicated (End the work).

If ‘NG’ is indicated, check the connection of the network cable; if normal, go step 6).
    If a fault is found in the connection of the network cable, correct the connection, and go to step 5) once again.
    6) Make the following selections in service mode: COPIER>TEST> NETWORK>PING.
    Enter the loop-back address* (127.0.0.1); press the OK key, and then press the Start key.
    If ‘NG’ is indicated, suspect a fault in the TCP/IP setting of the machine.
    Go back to step 3), and check the setting.
    If ‘OK’ is indicated, the TCP/IP setting may be assumed to be free of a fault.
    However, suspect a fault in the connection of the network interface board (NIC) or the NIC itself; go to step 7) to make a check.
    * The signal will be returned in front of the NIC, enabling a check on the TCP/IP setting of the machine.
    7) Make the following selections in service mode:
    COPIER>TEST>NETWORK>PING; then, enter the local host address (IP address of the machine), and press the OK key.
    If ‘NG’ is indicated, suspect a fault in the connection of the NIC or the NIC itself. Check the connection of the NIC, or replace it.
    If ‘OK’ is indicated, the network setting of the machine and the NIC may be assumed to be free of a fault.
    However, suspect a fault in the user’s network environment; report to the system administrator, and ask
    to remove the fault.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar

Well, I am going to go up there and take a stab at it. She can ping it from the pc so my first thought is maybe the Ip was reissued? Also to enter service mode..is that * then hold @ and 8 at the same time..then *
    I don't quite remember anymore. I will see what i find out when i get there. Thank you!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ImageRunner 7200 not  printing or scanning

Quote Originally Posted by mailderrick View Post
    Well, I am going to go up there and take a stab at it. She can ping it from the pc so my first thought is maybe the Ip was reissued? Also to enter service mode..is that * then hold @ and 8 at the same time..then *
    I don't quite remember anymore. I will see what i find out when i get there. Thank you!!!
    click on picture

Service Mode .JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**