Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ir2010f

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir2010f

Ir2010f

Customer called with jam they couldnt find. Upon arrival.....I couldnt either. False jam, points to area 1,2, and 3, which is everywhere. Went to service mode to do a sensor test per the manual. For some reason, it does not list these sensors and cant print out a jam report of course, which is pretty silly in itself because it wont work. Duh! There are only 3 jam sensors: cassette retry, registration, and delivery. All are free from obstruction and the flags are wirking corectly. I blew them out, but no luck. How do I pinpoint the sensor? I reseated all connections on dc controller also. This happened after removing an adf jam, which is strange. Adf is still working because they can send faxes still, but cant print out what is received. Anyone had this problem. I am using an ir2000 manual.????

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ir2010f

Re: Ir2010f

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Customer called with jam they couldnt find. Upon arrival.....I couldnt either. False jam, points to area 1,2, and 3, which is everywhere. Went to service mode to do a sensor test per the manual. For some reason, it does not list these sensors and cant print out a jam report of course, which is pretty silly in itself because it wont work. Duh! There are only 3 jam sensors: cassette retry, registration, and delivery. All are free from obstruction and the flags are wirking corectly. I blew them out, but no luck. How do I pinpoint the sensor? I reseated all connections on dc controller also. This happened after removing an adf jam, which is strange. Adf is still working because they can send faxes still, but cant print out what is received. Anyone had this problem. I am using an ir2000 manual.????

Jam Indication "REC PAPER JAM [1.2.3]" Being Recorded ????

Check if the fixing unit door shaft retainer (item two, part number FB6-1493-000) is broken.
    Replacing the part should resolve the jam indication.
    Item is shown below.

Last edited by teckat; 10-03-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Did you try to check the fixing unit? Many times the paper gets stack in this unit and gets hidden,also ensure that all the sensor flags are at home position.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir2010f

Yes I did look down in the fuser but didnt see anything. Anyway, it us showing constant jam at power up and there is no paper sensor in the fuser to be blocked. All sensors are at home position. I will look at the image on the previous post......

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir2010f

Teckat, I cant view the image on my phone but will check it later. Is is something noticeable looking at the machine? Thx

Ir2010f

The machine is equipped with 3 jam sensors used to motor the movement of paper. In addition to these sensors, the machine is also provided with sensors to find out the presence/ absence of paper in the cassette and manual feed tray (1 pc. each).
    The presence/absence of paper or of a jam is checked at such times as programmed in advance in the CPU of the DC controller PCB and in relation to the presence/absence of paper over a specific sensor at a given time. If the machine detects a jam, it will turn off the main motor (M101), and will indicate a jam message in the control panel.
    The following are the sensors used to monitor the movement

Delay jam--Stationary jam--Stationary jam
    at power-on

PS101---Registration paper sensor---- Present------------------------------------- SAME FOR ALL
    PS102---Paper full sensor-------------Absent------------------------------------- "
    PS103---Delivery sensor--------------Present------------------------------------- "
    PS105---Multi-feeder paper sensor----Absent------------------------------------- "
    PS151---Cassette paper sensor-------Absent------------------------------------- "
    PS152---Retry sensor----------------Present------------------------------------- "

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir2010f

I saw that chart in the book, but didnt quite know how to use it. Theres no where to check each ones state. Unless I am missing something. The part you mentioned: I did norice it was bent somewhat. Does that cause a problem?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir2010f

Teckat, your a lifesaver. It was cracked and bent up riding on that little tit. Repositioned it back into place for now. Fired right up! But why? Does it move the flag out if position? Thanks a million!

Ir2010f

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Teckat, your a lifesaver. It was cracked and bent up riding on that little tit. Repositioned it back into place for now. Fired right up! But why? Does it move the flag out if position? Thanks a million!

Thanks,
    it's a Canon Engineering thing I guess