Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Runtime error 9

Runtime error 9

I have a question and would like to see if anyone may have had this issue. I have a Canon IR2220n with a 602-003 error. To date I have replaced the HDD which I noticed has increased from 20gb to 40gb.

I get the message runtime error 9 as the format feature is being completed. Have tried another tech with an XP computer using the older Nethawk cable. I no longer can access the Canon site as the company I worked for is no longer a dealer for their equipment and even though I was trained on their equipment suffer banishment for it..

I have the following:
    Windows 7,
    the FY9-4368-000 cable,
    SST 4.52Ec,
    version60.03 firmware for the 2220i
    version format 13 for hdd format.
    also the crossover cable .

I also keep the firmware on an external drive which the SST is directed to, saving space on the laptop.

I seem to be missing something when I am trying to format the new HDD, and suspect that it is questionable. I have another on order and will try that, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions?

Had no problem with the old XP laptop I had but the company gave me the new one.

Thanks in advance and let the fun begin.

eddz
    Last edited by eddz; 10-04-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Runtime error 9

Re: Runtime error 9

have you tried an older version of SST?
    possibly delete and re-install the firmware for this series machine?

The HDD size has nothing to do with this and could possibly be a bad HDD. You can easily connect it to a PC and run a scandisk on it to see if there are bad sectors on it, but these runtime errors are pretty common when Canon releases new versions of SST.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Runtime error 9

send me a pm with your address and ill send you version 4.33 SST that I know works with even the old nethawk cable. But you need to understand this one thing. Canon has been recommending you go to a express card and abandon nethawk if the USb to Para no longer shows up. PLus you better make sure you uninstall any SST program before putting in another.

The result can be runtime errors or a crashing SST no matter what you do it will keep erroring out and crash. The only fix I have found for that is to slap on a backup image of the partition or start from scratch.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Runtime error 9

Run Time Error indicates a software problem with the Service Support Tool. This is not a connection problem between the PC and the copier. The most likely cause of this problem is that the Service Support Tool was installed on top of another version or instance of the Service Support Tool. Only one instance of the Service Support Tool should be present on a given PC. The proper method for upgrading an old version of the Service Support Tool to a newer version of the Service Support Tool is to uninstall the old version of the Service Support Tool, reboot the PC, and then install the new version of the Service Support Tool. If the Service Support Tool is giving Run Time Error messages and then crashing, perform the following steps:
    1. Uninstall all instances of the Service Support Tool from the PC.
    2. Reboot the PC.
    3. Reinstall the latest version of the Service Support Tool.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

thank you to all that responded. This is the type of info I was looking for, the gathering of techs that can compare thoughts, ideas, and such. It helps that this way I may have forgotten something and your comments trigger it.

I do have version 4.33 and also 4.11 and will try the 4.33 version first. Maybe the version of 4.52 is buggy, who knows but thanks for all the info and will let you know what the result. New HDD due in today.

eddz