Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

canon ir2880 0045 code

IR2880 is coding out. 000045-0000. How can I reset code? And what does code mean? Thanks

Re: canon ir2880 0045 code

E045 is the HP sensor error located inside the right door. It maybe dirty or dislodged. Clean or replace. No special reset, just OFF/ON.

Technician

Thanks for responding. Checked the sensor and it is in place. Was able to get the machine to come back online then it coded again. Going to replace sensor. Thanks again.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon ir2880 0045 code

I hate that Sensor

OHP Sensor may be out of alignment with the reflector in the Paper Feeder Frame Assembly, there may be a loose connection, or it may be faulty.
    Open the Right Door Assembly and the OHP Sensor (with a blue tinted lens) is located on the machine side in the center below the registration roller and the ITB. Ensure that the sensor is correctly seated in the mounting frame and re-seat the harness to the sensor. If code will not clear replace the sensor. (RH7-7129-020)

to add on see picture
    2880.jpg

from Canon ( blah,blah,blah)

E045 Error Codes can be difficult to troubleshoot-
    Since the OHP sensor emits IR light it is not visible with the naked human eye. The signal that turns on the OHP Transmitter is momentary at initial rotation and difficult to read with a meter. If the code occurs at initial rotation you can not monitor the signal during copying when its on time is longer than at initial rotation.

Physically check the OHP Transmitter and be certain it is securely mounted to the machine.

To facilitate troubleshooting of the E045 Error Code a Digital Camera can be used to view the Infrared light (IR) the OHP Transmitter emits at initial rotation. Open the Right Door and interlock the door, locate the OHP Transmitter, turn on the Digital Camera and view the OHP Transmitter using the camera's LCD screen. Turn on the Main power switch of the imageRUNNER and as it goes into initial rotation you will be able to view the IR light using the cameras LCD screen ( you will not see the IR light if you view through the optical finder of the camera). If the light is present you most likely need to gently reposition the OHP Transmitter position. First gently pull the OHP mounting bracket toward you and then test with the right door closed. You may need to do this procedure several times.
    If this fails to eliminate the E045 then gently position the OHP bracket away from you.

NOTE: you will not be able to see IR light with certain Digital Cameras, a simple check is to point a TV remote control device at your camera and view the LCD screen.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    canon ir2880 0045 code

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    I hate that Sensor

OHP Sensor may be out of alignment with the reflector in the Paper Feeder Frame Assembly, there may be a loose connection, or it may be faulty.
    Open the Right Door Assembly and the OHP Sensor (with a blue tinted lens) is located on the machine side in the center below the registration roller and the ITB. Ensure that the sensor is correctly seated in the mounting frame and re-seat the harness to the sensor. If code will not clear replace the sensor. (RH7-7129-020)

to add on see picture
    2880.jpg

from Canon ( blah,blah,blah)

E045 Error Codes can be difficult to troubleshoot-
    Since the OHP sensor emits IR light it is not visible with the naked human eye. The signal that turns on the OHP Transmitter is momentary at initial rotation and difficult to read with a meter. If the code occurs at initial rotation you can not monitor the signal during copying when its on time is longer than at initial rotation.

Physically check the OHP Transmitter and be certain it is securely mounted to the machine.

To facilitate troubleshooting of the E045 Error Code a Digital Camera can be used to view the Infrared light (IR) the OHP Transmitter emits at initial rotation. Open the Right Door and interlock the door, locate the OHP Transmitter, turn on the Digital Camera and view the OHP Transmitter using the camera's LCD screen. Turn on the Main power switch of the imageRUNNER and as it goes into initial rotation you will be able to view the IR light using the cameras LCD screen ( you will not see the IR light if you view through the optical finder of the camera). If the light is present you most likely need to gently reposition the OHP Transmitter position. First gently pull the OHP mounting bracket toward you and then test with the right door closed. You may need to do this procedure several times.
    If this fails to eliminate the E045 then gently position the OHP bracket away from you.

NOTE: you will not be able to see IR light with certain Digital Cameras, a simple check is to point a TV remote control device at your camera and view the LCD screen.
    I cannot find replacement procedures in the service manual and I vaguely looked at a parts machine to see how the plate comes off to expose the screw on the sensor mounting frame. Is there an easy way to get to this or is it a lengthy job?

canon ir2880 0045 code

Think u need to remove the Registration Unit/ > cant' exactly remember/ I remember this series manual was a waste/ even the training class

to remove that plate for access to Transparency Sensor UN18/UN19

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Double check that sensor is in correctly. It is very hard to tell but have seen many times it become dislodged and just needs snapped back in

Technician

I had this problem today. Noticed the right hand door lower catch was cracked. Looked okay but could be seen on closer inspection, as the door was not closed properly, only a few mm. out, I guess the OHP sensor was not getting its reflected signal. Replaced the door, now all good.

canon ir2880 0045 code

Quote Originally Posted by omendes View Post
    I had this problem today. Noticed the right hand door lower catch was cracked. Looked okay but could be seen on closer inspection, as the door was not closed properly, only a few mm. out, I guess the OHP sensor was not getting its reflected signal. Replaced the door, now all good.
    Lol

All about the observation 👏 👍

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omendes View Post
    Had the lower hinge cause this many times