Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

iC MF7470 touch screen calibration

Can anyone supply me with the touch screen calibration procedure. I've looked everywhere for a service manual but can't find it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: iC MF7470 touch screen calibration

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY D View Post
    Can anyone supply me with the touch screen calibration procedure. I've looked everywhere for a service manual but can't find it.
    if u can get in service mode>
    not sure about your MF Model >
    try>Additional functions key, press 2 key, then 8 key, and then Additional
    functions key on the operation panel.

look for Function>Panel>TOUCHKEY

Use it to match points of presses on the touch panel and the LCD coordinates.
    Execute this mode if you have replaced the LCD unit.

Using the Mode:

Select TOUCHKEY and press the OK key.
    Press ' + ' indicated on the touch panel at nine locations in sequence. You might need a FINE TIP instrument to assist in this step.
    Select TOUCHKEY once again to end the operation.

Note: There are times when the '+' symbol is off the screen and the adjustment cannot be performed. Additionally, the touch panel may not respond at all and no adjustment can be performed, in either case the defective component will need to be replaced.

if that is not there- u probably have to search in there/ what is the issue on LCD ??
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

papergeek

I have a similar issue with the MF7470. My problem is that the touchscreen somehow lost calibration in such a way that all contacts are shifted up 20 pixels or so.
    This means I cannot access any buttons on the bottom of the touchscreen, which means I cannot get to the system monitor screens.

The procedure you describe here does seem to put me in service mode, but it's very limited with left arrow, OK, and right arrow, and a #code (#SSSW, #MENU, #NUMERIC, #SPECIAL, #NCU, #SCAN, #PRINT, #SYSTEM)

I can do some interesting things like #REPORT but it looks like I might have to change one of the numeric parameters for the touchscreen calibration, if it's even available on this model.
    There doesn't seem to be any graphical touchscreen calibration.
    Sounds like I will need to find a service manual.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    if u can get in service mode>
    not sure about your MF Model >
    try>Additional functions key, press 2 key, then 8 key, and then Additional
    functions key on the operation panel.

look for Function>Panel>TOUCHKEY

Use it to match points of presses on the touch panel and the LCD coordinates.
    Execute this mode if you have replaced the LCD unit.

Using the Mode:

Select TOUCHKEY and press the OK key.
    Press ' + ' indicated on the touch panel at nine locations in sequence. You might need a FINE TIP instrument to assist in this step.
    Select TOUCHKEY once again to end the operation.

Note: There are times when the '+' symbol is off the screen and the adjustment cannot be performed. Additionally, the touch panel may not respond at all and no adjustment can be performed, in either case the defective component will need to be replaced.

if that is not there- u probably have to search in there/ what is the issue on LCD ??

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papergeek View Post
    I have a similar issue with the MF7470. My problem is that the touchscreen somehow lost calibration in such a way that all contacts are shifted up 20 pixels or so.
    This means I cannot access any buttons on the bottom of the touchscreen, which means I cannot get to the system monitor screens.

The procedure you describe here does seem to put me in service mode, but it's very limited with left arrow, OK, and right arrow, and a #code (#SSSW, #MENU, #NUMERIC, #SPECIAL, #NCU, #SCAN, #PRINT, #SYSTEM)

I can do some interesting things like #REPORT but it looks like I might have to change one of the numeric parameters for the touchscreen calibration, if it's even available on this model.
    There doesn't seem to be any graphical touchscreen calibration.
    Sounds like I will need to find a service manual.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Canon-imageCLASS-MF7280-MF7460-MF7470-MF7480-Copier-Touch-Screen-Panel-Glass-/272420109090

================================================== =================

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01M4GCVCA/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Touch Copier Touch Screen Panel For Canon imageCLASS MF7280 MF7460 MF7470 MF7480

same seller
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**