Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mapperboy

Unhappy U052 error on Canon Pixma MP960

My 5 year old Canon MP960 suddenly started to display U052 'type of print head is incorrect' message on the LCD screen.<br>I have tried all the various reset sequences I've seen on the web. The first 2 times the reset cleared the error.&nbsp; However after the third appearance of U052 I have been unable to clear it. <br>I've tried physically resetting the print head, cleaning the print head contacts pads as well as the spring loaded contacts all to no avail.&nbsp; Is this really a print head problem or an ink tank chip problem as has been suggested on some web posts?<br>Are there any button sequences which work when I I see 'Factory Mode 1' or 'Canon' on the LCD screen during my various reset attempts.<br>Also is there an software tool for this printer?<br>

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    U052 error on Canon Pixma MP960

Re: U052 error on Canon Pixma MP960

5 year old? By a new one!
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    5 year old? By a new one!
    It upsets me that people are willing to throw away products, and bulky ones at that, so eagerly. My MP960 is still going in 2023. I came to this old thread because I just got this error on my machine, for which I just bought new ink too!

I fixed it by simply removing the print head and placing it in again. In my case, I think the printer suffered when I accidentally dropped the lid heavily last time I used it.

The simplest of solutions worked for me.

BTW, I cannot find a printer/scanner combo that does such high resolution scans like this one! I hope it never breaks! Replacement would be a downgrade, apart from the speed and fact that there's no wireless function.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    U052 error on Canon Pixma MP960

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    It upsets me that people are willing to throw away products, and bulky ones at that, so eagerly. My MP960 is still going in 2023. I came to this old thread because I just got this error on my machine, for which I just bought new ink too!

I fixed it by simply removing the print head and placing it in again. In my case, I think the printer suffered when I accidentally dropped the lid heavily last time I used it.

The simplest of solutions worked for me.

BTW, I cannot find a printer/scanner combo that does such high resolution scans like this one! I hope it never breaks! Replacement would be a downgrade, apart from the speed and fact that there's no wireless function.

I get angry at people who don't read what he has done but immediately start babbling nonsense. Read and you will see that he has already done this many times! You are the user and I am the service technician.
    He will spend less time and nerves if he buys a new pixma for $100 because a new head costs $80.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself