imagePRESS C6000 / C6000VP / C7000VP Copier does not Recognize any of the Options
After you OHM out the Arcnet cable for continuity (1-1.5ohms) and checked or replaced the terminator end caps, check the DC Controller, 1-1 connector J1055 to the Arcnet Connection p.c.b. J4500 to see if they are secure.
Check the ARCNET cable behind the DC Controller cage for proper connection.
The ARCNET cable meets at a T junction and connects to the transceiver pcb assembly then connects to the DC Controller- Two ways to check to see if ARCNET cable is connected:
1. remove entire DC Controller cage
2. remove screws holding cage to main frame and insert hand underneath through the bottom section and feel for the ARCNET junction connection.
If the machine was previously working with all accessories attached and suddenly they drop off line, even though the power to the accessory (accessories) is on, make the following checks:
* Make sure in service mode Copier/Option/ACCPT-D, or ACCPST-P that the options are added in the correct order and that the status is set to 1. * Check the Arcnet connection to all accessories and make sure it is terminated at both ends.
NOTE:Here's an easy and quick way to check the arcnet bus: Disconnect the arcnet cables from each end of the bus and make a continuity check from end to end. The reading should be about 1 to 1.5 ohms.
Arcnet1.jpg * If the arcnet bus is open (measures infinity) start troubleshooting by checking each cable section for continuity until the problem is found. Here's an example of an arcnet cable where the outer ring was pulled causing the inner contact to slip into the cabling resulting in no contact with the coupling between the marking engine and the substation: Arcnet2.jpg * If the arcnet checks good try replacing the terminators with brand new ones. Be sure to order the correct terminators, the impedance is different on some arcnet buses such as the iR110 series. NOTE:The impedance of the terminators on the arcnet bus on the imagePRESS VP series is 75ohms. However, we have confirmed that you can have a bad terminator and still measure 75ohms, the recommendation is to replace the terminators at both ends regardless.
* If the previous checks are all good and you have replaced the terminators next try replacing the transceiver pcb's, there will be one on each accessory and one located behind the DC Controller pcb 1 on the Marking Engine.
PART NUMBER REFERENCE:
* Terminator: WS6-5201-000
* Interface PCB Assy for High Capapcity Stacker C-1 : FM2-6168-000 (same part number for marking engine and all accessories)
* Cable, Interface: FM2-5756-000
affine. the problem was a simple terminal.
If you do not put the ipc7000vp, C6000, sometimes detected, sometimes not.
have to go on both ends of the accessories connected.
this measure 75ohms .