Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    _ 250+ Posts

Re: iR1023iF USB Scangear

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    northernlife, do you still have the iR Scangear package? I'd love to get a copy of it! It seems impossible to find it anywhere!!!

Thanks!
    Hi,

Have you tried Helio240's link? 4shared folder - My 4shared

It rar file so you need decompress it. I have yet to check it contents, it might be the full CD image.

Catsby

Thanks, KL568! I was a little hesitant to download the .rar file since one needs to sign up to use the file server service. But I just did that and downloaded the file (and extracted it using 7Zip). I also want to thank you for the PDF - indicating that the needed driver might actually be at Canon's site! I downloaded that last night and it looks very promising, but I haven't had a chance to check.
    On Saturday I downloaded ir1024 drivers from the Asian Canon site, but those didn't work with the 1023.
    Later this week I'll try out what I downloaded. And I'll report back.

Thanks again.

_ 250+ Posts

Hi,

Your iR1023 is slightly older beast that falls within the range of 1018 / 1019 / 1022 / 1023.

The other iR1024 is an updated engine but different parts so drivers can't be use.

Good Luck

Catsby

Quote Originally Posted by KL568 View Post
    Hi, Have you tried Helio240's link? 4shared folder - My 4shared It rar file so you need decompress it. I have yet to check it contents, it might be the full CD image.
    This IS in fact the full CD image, I think - the initial screen says CD-ROM Setup. And it works in 32-bit Windows XP. The scanning itself seemed a bit slow (even at B&W, 200dpi), but it does actually scan via USB. Very cool!!! I had hoped this might work with 64-bit Windows 7, but the installer complains about 64-bittedness, and I couldn't convince Windows to install the drivers themselves via Device Manager. Oh well. The admin assistant who would most likely use the scanner has 32-bit Win7, and I'm going to see if this will work for her. Thanks for all your help!

_ 250+ Posts

Hi,

There is a 64BIT of iR Toolbox but could not find a 64BIT USB Scan driver

Toolbox Ver.4.9.1.1.ir03 for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows ...
    Detail. Driver and application software files have been compressed.
    The following instructions show you how to download ...
    support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0200123501.html - 8k - 2011-12-01

You download it to see if it contains the stuff you need

Catsby

Quote Originally Posted by KL568 View Post
    Hi, There is a 64BIT of iR Toolbox but could not find a 64BIT USB Scan driver Toolbox Ver.4.9.1.1.ir03 for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows ...
    Detail. Driver and application software files have been compressed. The following instructions show you how to download ... support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0200123501.html - 8k - 2011-12-01
    You download it to see if it contains the stuff you need
    Just 15 minutes ago I decided to Google ir1023 64-bit scanner drivers and came across this, where someone got it to work! Canon imageRUNNER iR1023iF scanner install problem on Win7 64bit - Microsoft Answers I'm going to try this in the next week or so - my 64-bit user probably won't have reason to scan very often, but I just want to see this work (I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess!). I should mention that this is some volunteer stuff I'm doing - I'm not wasting work time/employer money on this. :-)

Catsby

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Just 15 minutes ago I decided to Google ir1023 64-bit scanner drivers and came across this, where someone got it to work! Canon imageRUNNER iR1023iF scanner install problem on Win7 64bit - Microsoft Answers I'm going to try this in the next week or so - my 64-bit user probably won't have reason to scan very often, but I just want to see this work (I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess!). I should mention that this is some volunteer stuff I'm doing - I'm not wasting work time/employer money on this. :-)
    This worked with 64-bit Windows - YEESSS!!!! I followed the instructions in the link above for the scanner driver and installed the IR Scangear toolbox from the 32-bit CD files (which were referred to in earlier messages in this thread).

So - 32-bit XP, 32-bit Win 7 (or was that Vista? I didn't look closely), 64-bit Win 7 - all are scanning via USB.