Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Send to mail, error # 0801

Hi,

please, could you help me to config my iRC1020i to send mail.
    I am using an gmail acount.

Thanks in advance.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Send to mail, error # 0801

Re: Send to mail, error # 0801

There is a lot discussion about scanning on this forum.

(Example)

Canon ImageRUNNER 2220i - scan to email ?'s

IR C3220 Gmail setup

Good luck with gmail!
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoha View Post
    Hi,

please, could you help me to config my iRC1020i to send mail.
    I am using an gmail acount.

Thanks in advance.
    SEE LINK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Color imageRUNNER C1022/C1022i e-Manual
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Amazing link!
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

I, Thank you for your replay.
    I had configured an IRC2020i and it's work well.
    for the irc1021i i think the reason of the problem is ssl encrypting. Is there any way to configur this.

sory for my English .

Quote Originally Posted by yoha View Post
    I, Thank you for your replay.
    I had configured an IRC2020i and it's work well.
    for the irc1021i i think the reason of the problem is ssl encrypting. Is there any way to configur this.

sory for my English .
    error code #0801?

• A timeout error occurred while the machine was communicating with the SMTP server to transmit an e-mail message, or transmit/receive an I-Fax, due to a problem with the server.
    • The SMTP server returned an error message during the SMTP connection.
    • The settings for the e-mail address are incorrect.

Check to make sure that the SMTP server is working properly.
    Check the network connections.
    Check the e-mail address settings.

did u read the online manual i posted ???

READ>>>>----Color imageRUNNER C1022/C1022i e-Manual - Network Settings

1. Select Additional Functions on the control panel.
    2. Select System Settings.
    3. Select Network Settings.
    4. Select E-mail/I-Fax.
    5. At the bottom of the screen, below the E-mail server information there is an option called POP Interval.
    6. You can set this interval between 0 and 99, with 0 being off. This range is measured in minutes.
    7. After selecting the Interval, select OK and then select Done 3 times to back out of additional functions and mail should now be received when sent to the imageRUNNER 'i' series.

Clarence

I have done several scan to email procedures for serveral Canon IR MFPs, as my company deals exclusively on Canon BIS MFPs.

I had realised that sometimes no matter what you set, there seems to me no way for the scan to email to work.

I am wondering if there are other factors like

• Type of gateway, or routers
    • Internet connection, or ISP
    • Networking equipment (e.g. Switch, hubs, vpns)
    • Or anything else.....

That could determine whether the scan to email function to work or fail. I gotta feeling that there are certain backend stuff over at the ISP that could cause the feature to be unworkable.

Perhaps somebody could share on any specific hardware that is not compatible with the feature and better still provide some alternatives.

I am currently facing this case on a network hooked up to a Cisco 1800 gateway router shared with an Avaya IP PBX but running on seperate DHCP groups.

Thanks..

If the imageRUNNER is equipped with the older Network Board PCB Assembly FG6-9898-000, then the copier may experience difficulty connecting with a Cisco Switch that is running Power Over Ethernet. This version of the Network Board PCB Assembly could not negotiate with a Cisco Switch running Power Over Ethernet unless the copier was set to operate at 10baseT. Machines equipped with Network Board PCB Assembly FG6-5964-000 are NOT affected by this issue.

The following models are affected:

imageRUNNER 2200 / 2800 / 3300
    imageRUNNER 3300i
    imageRUNNER 2220N / 2220i / 3320N / 3320i
    imageRUNNER 5000 (with old style Main Controller) *
    imageRUNNER 5000d / 6000
    imageRUNNER 5000i
    imageRUNNER 5020 / 5020i / 6020 / 6020i
    imageRUNNER 7200 / 8500 / 85 / 105

* The imageRUNNER 5000 (with old-style Main Controller) shipped from the factory with Network Board PCB Assembly FG6-5964-000. This particular board is NOT affected by this issue. Updated Network Board PCB Assembly FM1-0196-000 cannot be used in this model.

---------------------------------------
    Color Enabled Models (imageRUNNER C3100 / C3200 / C3220 / C5800 / C6800):

If the imageRUNNER is equipped with an older Network Board PCB Assembly (FG3-3135-000, FG3-2865-000, FY7-0376-000, FG6-9678-000, FM2-0537-000), then the copier may experience difficulty connecting with a Cisco Switch that is running Power Over Ethernet. This version of the Network Board PCB Assembly could not negotiate with a Cisco Switch running Power Over Ethernet unless the copier was set to operate at 10baseT.

------- Please be aware that the information presented here is for reference only as the products in question have undergone subsequent revisions.

Black and White Only imageRUNNER Models
    :
    This includes the imageRUNNER 2200 / 2800 / 3300 / 3300i / 2220N / 2220i / 3320N / 3320i / 5000 / 6000 / 5000i / 5020 / 5020i / 6020 / 6020i / 7200 / 8500 / 85 / 105 models.
    Canon USA, Inc. is releasing a new Network Board PCB Assembly (FM1-0196-000) for the imageRUNNER models listed above (except for the imageRUNNER 5000 with the old-style Main Controller). This new Network Board PCB Assembly now includes support for networks using Cisco's Power Over Ethernet function.

Description: Support for Cisco's Power Over Ethernet: Part Number:
    Old Network Board PCB Assembly No FG6-9898-000
    5000N Network Board PCB Assembly ** Yes FG6-5964-000
    New Network Board PCB Assembly * Yes FM1-0196-000
    * Note - Be sure to update the copier to the latest system software before installing the new Network Board PCB Assembly FM1-0196-000 (see the attached Technical Publication TP05 120a.pdf).

** Note - The imageRUNNER 5000 / 5000N (with old-style Main Controller) shipped from the factory with Network Board PCB Assembly FG6-5964-000. This particular board is NOT affected by this issue. Updated Network Board PCB Assembly FM1-0196-000 cannot be used in this model.

Alternate Solutions:

1. Disable Power Over Ethernet on the Cisco Switch for the port to which the imageRUNNER is connected. This also requires that the Cisco Switch be power cycled.

2. Place a hub or a switch that does not support Power Over Ethernet between the copier and the Cisco Switch running Power Over Ethernet.

3. Set the copier to run at 10BaseT (disable Auto Detect).
    ------------------------------------

Color Enabled imageRUNNER Models:

This includes the imageRUNNER C3100 / C3200 / C3220 / C5800 / C6800 models.
    Canon USA, Inc. is releasing a new Network Board PCB Assembly (FM2-3892-000) for the Color Enabled imageRUNNER models listed above. This new Network Board PCB Assembly now includes support for networks using Cisco's Power Over Ethernet function.
    Please view the attached Technical Publication TP05 084a.pdf for more details.
    * WARNING - THESE MODELS MUST BE UPGRADED TO THE LATEST VERSIONS OF SYSTEM SOFTWARE BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW NETWORK BOARD PCB ASSEMBLY (FM2-3892-000). If you install the new Network Board on a machine with older firmware, the new Network Board may not be recognized. These model machines can only be flashed via a network connection. You will be unable to flash the machine if the Network Board cannot be recognized by the machine.

Required firmware for FM2-3892-000:

Model: System Software: BootROM:
    C3100 30.06 or later 21.04 or later
    C3200* 54.01 or later* 6.06 or later*
    C3220* 54.01 or later* 50.08 or later*
    C5800 11.01 or later 30.01 or later
    C6800 5.03 or later 21.01 or later
    * If using an imagePASS C1, version 2.0 or later is required on the imagePASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    I have done several scan to email procedures for serveral Canon IR MFPs, as my company deals exclusively on Canon BIS MFPs.

I had realised that sometimes no matter what you set, there seems to me no way for the scan to email to work.

I am wondering if there are other factors like

• Type of gateway, or routers
    • Internet connection, or ISP
    • Networking equipment (e.g. Switch, hubs, vpns)
    • Or anything else.....

That could determine whether the scan to email function to work or fail. I gotta feeling that there are certain backend stuff over at the ISP that could cause the feature to be unworkable.

Perhaps somebody could share on any specific hardware that is not compatible with the feature and better still provide some alternatives.

I am currently facing this case on a network hooked up to a Cisco 1800 gateway router shared with an Avaya IP PBX but running on seperate DHCP groups.

Thanks..
    A device will appear to fall off the network occasionally for no apparent reason.
    The device may be pinged, but the machine will not print, nor will ancillary like Command Workstation or RUI work depending on the model in question. You may have reloaded system software to get everything up and running. The equipment works for a time and subsequently drops off the network again.

**The most common reason for this issue has always been a duplicate IP address within the same network. Once this has been completely ruled out, these other alternatives could be considered:
    In Network environments where a Cisco Switch is involved, one approach could be to set the PortFast feature on a Cisco switch. This has the property of negating the effects caused on IPX/SPX and AppleTalk protocols regarding the Spanning Tree Protocol. There have not been any observations so far of the Spanning Tree Protocol causing a problem on TCP/IP networks.

There have been a few reported incidents where a device appears to fall off a TCP/IP network and is not related to the Spanning Tree Protocol although the symptoms of the problem appear to be the same. In this case, you may isolate your device from the switch or router by adding a small inexpensive hub with no intelligence between the device and switch. Alternatively, you can try locking the switch port and the Canon device at the same network speed. This can eliminate any auto-negotiation issues. The reported incidents of this type of problem have been extremely low, but the workaround seems to be effective.

A Canon/EFI Print Controller (network node) experiences intermittent connectivity problems on large networks from certain remote computers.
    The computers experiencing the problems are on a different logical sub-net than the Canon/EFI Controller. Computers on the same sub-net as the Controller work fine.

The fact that the local computers work fine while some computers on other remote sub nets have connectivity failures indicates a problem with the gateway (router). Since the connectivity problems are intermittent, the clients' default gateway settings must be correct (or there would be no connection at all to any remote nodes on different sub-nets). There must be a problem on the router(s) linking the two networks. The problem may be with the Queuing mechanism being implemented on the router. Queuing can be configured to allow certain kinds of traffic to be transmitted over a (WAN.) link before others. An administrator may use this, for example, to allow traffic from particular addresses (the President of the company's PC.) or using specific protocols (mission-critical applications) to have priority over the other traffic on the link. Queuing is commonly used on WAN links where bandwidth may be limited.
    Cisco routers support different methods of queuing traffic. One such method is called Priority Queuing. Priority Queuing assigns strict priorities to traffic. Traffic is filtered as it comes into the router, by criteria set up by the administrator, into specific queues. Each queue has a specific priority (high, medium, normal, or low.). The high priority queue must be emptied before any packets are sent from the medium priority queue. The medium priority queue must then be emptied before traffic is sent from the normal priority queue, and so forth. With Priority Queuing, traffic in the low priority queue may not get forwarded in a timely manner (or may not get forwarded at all.). If packets destined for the Canon/EFI Controller are filtered into the low priority queue, they may not get forwarded to the Controller.

To solve this problem, the administrator would have to adjust his filtering criteria (access-list, etc.) to place the traffic destined for the Print Controller into a queue with a higher priority. Alternatively, the administrator could use a different method of queuing (Custom Queuing or Weighted Fair Queuing) to resolve the issue.