Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    IR8500 finisher canot use message

Hi.
    I have one problem with Canon IR8500 "Finisher cannot use" message on the display.But finisher is working fine, how can I clear this message.Pl. help.

Thanks.

Technician

Re: IR8500 finisher canot use message

hi, i have a problem similar, in my case the problem is a fuse on the power supply of the finisher was burn it, if you want check it
    for me that resolve the problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IR8500 finisher canot use message

Quote Originally Posted by tomson25 View Post
    Hi.
    I have one problem with Canon IR8500 "Finisher cannot use" message on the display.But finisher is working fine, how can I clear this message.Pl. help.

Thanks.
    "Finisher can not be used" and "Functions Limited" is displayed on the copier control panel.
    look to see if it displays Functions Limited in lower corner
    check bit 2 on SW971 of Finisher controller & set to the on position.

or below>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Finisher Cannot Be Used", along with a "Wrench" symbol is displayed on the lower left of theControl Panel's LCD Display. ??????

There are two possible causes that would display this above message.

To isolate between the two possible causes, check to see if the imageRUNNER is communicating with the Finisher.
    This can be done through Service Mode>Copier>Display>and check to see that IC106 & IC125 both display a Version Number.

1st
    Cause:

If a Version Number is PRESENT, check to see that Bit 2 on SW971 is switched to "ON" position.

2nd Cause:

If a Version Number is NOT PRESENT, check to see if 5 volts is present at J101 - Pin 3, on the Finisher Controller. The missing 5 volts will cause no communication and generate the message.
    To Troubleshoot for the missing 5 volts:

Check for 5 volts at J714 - Pin 7, of the Fuse PCB. If the 5 volts is missing, check J711 - Pin 1, of the Fuse PCB for 5 volts. If 5 volts is present at J711 - Pin 1, replace the Fuse PCB, if missing, replace the Finisher Power Supply.

or-----------------
    Finisher can't be used.
    It was found that the finisher power supply was not turning off when machine main power was off.
    One quick way to verify this is to turn the copier off and all the leds on the finisher should go off. If the leds stay on, replace the finisher power supply (FH3-2631-000) to correct this issue.

also look to see if any ERROR E713 is posted in history log
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**