Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

LaserClass 730i Communication Errors

Hi, have a Canon LaserClass 730i that "intermitently" has communication errors. This machines does not have the 2nd fax Phone line, has the Network card and is used to send to e-mails.

of the Fax communication problems, both sending and recieving but it appears that its mostly when sending not so much recieving. Errror codes: ##0765 and ##0280 plus had some #005, ##0106 and ##0671

checked phone line prolarity okay, Monitor signal at -50vcd, ring signal at 101vac. checked fax phoner line for static noise and okay clear. Anyone out there that may help withn this problem, Appreciated

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: LaserClass 730i Communication Errors

Quote Originally Posted by Tech59 View Post
    Hi, have a Canon LaserClass 730i that "intermitently" has communication errors. This machines does not have the 2nd fax Phone line, has the Network card and is used to send to e-mails.

of the Fax communication problems, both sending and recieving but it appears that its mostly when sending not so much recieving. Errror codes: ##0765 and ##0280 plus had some #005, ##0106 and ##0671

checked phone line prolarity okay, Monitor signal at -50vcd, ring signal at 101vac. checked fax phoner line for static noise and okay clear. Anyone out there that may help withn this problem, Appreciated
    #0671=
    Increase the #2 MENU No 7 transmission level within a range of -8 ~ -15 (dBm) or set #1 SSSW SW 28 bit 0 = 1 to inhibit the V.8/V.34 protocol for the called party.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    #0671=
    Increase the #2 MENU No 7 transmission level within a range of -8 ~ -15 (dBm) or set #1 SSSW SW 28 bit 0 = 1 to inhibit the V.8/V.34 protocol for the called party.
    Tekcat, it seems like you are one of the main Canon guys that i see on here.
    Years back i have 1 canon 730i that would not receive, i had another one of those machines that would not send and then a customer had a third machine that also had a problem with faxing(can't remember if it was sending or receiving).

I just ran into a machine that started having problems sending out but it seems it is progressively getting worse. Is this how it starts until it eventually doesn't work at all? Is the fix above the fix for something like that or should i look at replacing the NCU.If i replace the NCU do i also need to replace the modem board at the same time with it?

The customer is trying to figure out what they want to do with this machine and the previous repair man told them it was their line so they brought in several techs and the line tested out fine. What would your suggestion be?
    Thank you
    Derrick

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailderrick View Post
    Tekcat, it seems like you are one of the main Canon guys that i see on here.
    Years back i have 1 canon 730i that would not receive, i had another one of those machines that would not send and then a customer had a third machine that also had a problem with faxing(can't remember if it was sending or receiving).

I just ran into a machine that started having problems sending out but it seems it is progressively getting worse. Is this how it starts until it eventually doesn't work at all? Is the fix above the fix for something like that or should i look at replacing the NCU.If i replace the NCU do i also need to replace the modem board at the same time with it?

The customer is trying to figure out what they want to do with this machine and the previous repair man told them it was their line so they brought in several techs and the line tested out fine. What would your suggestion be?
    Thank you
    Derrick
    ---------------------------------------------

Sorry, don't remember to much about that product< but u can try procedure.

730i came out in Year 2002
    all of these printers have a RIP date

One issue pops to mind> seen this a lot on Fax products>
    Poor Ground to Neutral voltage at customer outlets, especially in older buildings -
    less than .5 volt AC should be measured between ground and neutral. If absolute zero is measured then it may be an indication that the ground is not connected or that some other problem may exist within the outlet.

could be a memory issue if no error codes /
    believe u could upgrade the 730i from 40mb to add additional expansion of >32 or 64 mb

is printer behind a firewall ?

is there any error codes ??

There are two classifications of error codes for fax. Single pound (#) error codes are classified as "User" error codes and the meaning of the code is listed in the Operator Manual. Double pound (##) error codes are classified as "Serviceman" error codes and the meaning of the code is listed in the Fax Service Manual.

User error codes always display on the activity reports and Serviceman error codes by default do not display on the activity reports. To enable the Serviceman error codes go to: Fax Service Mode > SSSW > SW01 and change bit "0" to a 1.

For the most part, all of the ## error codes are universal to all faxes and fax boards installed on imageRUNNER copiers.

Fax Service Error Codes LIst.pdf

is customer receiving a 'Transmission Error Report' & is printed after successfully receiving and printing a fax.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**