Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Exclamation Canon IR2020 problem with E805!! Please help me resolve !!!

My copier when turn it on, its screen is system error E805. I've search my document is fan failure, I's change a new fan but it's the same. I tried to change the control(PCB) board, Power board(a big and a small board), high pressure board, check electric line but my copier's screen always System Error E805. who's see this case please help me. Please thanks very much. My English is very bad, please don't laugh me. help me!! I lost three weeks for it!! please help me.

Can it be has a problem with firmware? Can you give me firmware this model and manual me to update firmware for it ? Please help me ?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon IR2020 problem with E805!! Please help me resolve !!!

Hi,

E805
    Fan failure
    The fan is faulty.
    - Check the fan connector.
    - Replace the fan.
    - Replace the DC controller PCB.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IR2020 problem with E805!! Please help me resolve !!!

Check wiring some time the connector pins broken or crooked and no generator is using to power up the machine

Technician

Angry Re: Canon IR2020 problem with E805!! Please help me resolve !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jiongpao View Post
    Check wiring some time the connector pins broken or crooked and no generator is using to power up the machine
    I've check care the connector pin. but it seem to be normal. hix

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The machine is down hard for the error code E805-0000.

Fan, FM1- the Heat Discharge fan located in the main Left Door has been replaced. The DC Controller PCB has been replaced.

Workaround :
    In this case, replacing the DC Power Supply assembly resolved the service issue of E805-0000 code from occurring.

Part number for the DC Power Supply used in the models for the iR 2016 / 2016i / 2020 / 2020i is FK2-1074-000.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seaweal View Post
    My copier when turn it on, its screen is system error E805. I've search my document is fan failure, I's change a new fan but it's the same. I tried to change the control(PCB) board, Power board(a big and a small board), high pressure board, check electric line but my copier's screen always System Error E805. who's see this case please help me. Please thanks very much. My English is very bad, please don't laugh me. help me!! I lost three weeks for it!! please help me.

Can it be has a problem with firmware? Can you give me firmware this model and manual me to update firmware for it ? Please help me ?

E805-0000 (Main body fan error)
    When the cooling fan of the main body starts,
    the fan lock detection signal (FAN_LOCK) has been held at the "H" level for longer than the prescribed time.

FAN LOCK signal - CPU on DCP CB to J219 PIN 1
    (FAN_LOCK)
    check for damage pin in connector
    CHECK BOTH SIDES OF THE CONNECTOR

J219 - Pin 2 GD to Pin 3 is the supply=(FAN_FULL)fan drive voltage switching circuit supplies a +24 V fan drive voltage to turn the heat exhaust fan at the full speed.
    When the CPU on the engine controller outputs a fan half speed signal (FAN_HALF), the fan drive voltage switching circuit supplies a +14 V fan drive voltage to turn the heat exhaust fan at the half speed.

When the main power switch (SW1) is turned on, AC power is supplied to the low-voltage power supply circuit in the power supply PCB.
    The low-voltage power supply circuit supplies +3.3 V, +5 V, and +24 V to operate the machine.
    +24 V is supplied to the motors, fan, electromagnetic clutch, solenoid, etc. +5 V and +3.3 V are supplied to the sensor, etc.
    There are two types of +24 V voltages: +24 V which is normally supplied from the low voltage power supply and +24 VR which is cut off when the front cover or the left door is opened. The +24 VR also plays the role of a door open detection signal (DOPEN). This signal allows the CPU to detect that the front cover or the left door has opened.

fan.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Exclamation Re: Canon IR2020 problem with E805!! Please help me resolve !!!

I've take all boards(power supply, PCB control dc, high voltage board, print board..) to another machine to check care and they're running well. but when i install to my machine, the screen alway E805. BUt it's strange problem when I take off the under(A3) paper tray, I turn on my machine, it run(the motors) about 5-7 seconds then stop and the screen display is E805. previus when i turn on it not run, it's a sound of switch and then screen display E805.
    I don't understand and can't looking for its problem. these days I'm so desperate please help me.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

mmm im sure that there's something wrong in connecters make sure man the the pins is connected well and from the fan ,i faced this problem once on Canon CLC 1180 and the solution was the Power supply .so make sure from wires follow it. tell us what will happen

goodluck man

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seaweal View Post
    I've take all boards(power supply, PCB control dc, high voltage board, print board..) to another machine to check care and they're running well. but when i install to my machine, the screen alway E805. BUt it's strange problem when I take off the under(A3) paper tray, I turn on my machine, it run(the motors) about 5-7 seconds then stop and the screen display is E805. previus when i turn on it not run, it's a sound of switch and then screen display E805.
    I don't understand and can't looking for its problem. these days I'm so desperate please help me.

SWAPPING ALL THOSE PARTS does not mean your supply voltages and connections on the problem machine are good or correct-

did u do any of the voltage checks or connection checks that I posted ???

there are no easy fixes in this business/
    if u don't follow some type of checks & procedures - u will never fix anything
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Angry Re: Canon IR2020 problem with E805!! Please help me resolve !!!

I's check the voltage to the fan. it's true 24v but the fan not run. I don't understand why's it don't run ?