Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Canon Laser Class 710 faxing out problem

So this machine receives but it will not send 99% of the time.
    Keep getting the NG fax printout.
    Once in a while it will send on a redial......thats the 1% of the time. Customer said last week when this all started the send lite stayed on for about a hour until they unplugged the fax and then replugged it. At this point only incoming was available but not sending. So is this a NCU board problem or deeper. Its a contract fax so I have to be carefull on whats spent. Have a great one!
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon Laser Class 710 faxing out problem

Quote Originally Posted by landspeeder View Post
    So this machine receives but it will not send 99% of the time.
    Keep getting the NG fax printout.
    Once in a while it will send on a redial......thats the 1% of the time. Customer said last week when this all started the send lite stayed on for about a hour until they unplugged the fax and then replugged it. At this point only incoming was available but not sending. So is this a NCU board problem or deeper. Its a contract fax so I have to be carefull on whats spent. Have a great one!
    Put a piece of paper in the doc feeder and see how much memory is available/used.

Call the fax number with your cell phone and listen for noise.

Try a different trusted fax number.

so on site the line is noisy....but they dont believe me...how rude......so I take in a loaner Panafax 890 and I would have bet it would work but it did ...so back to the shop with the canon and it doesnt fax out on our line....it dials, connects and sits for a coffee or two then gives the NG page...but it receives just fine...hmmm
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Plug the fax line in to analog regular phone and try to call out.This is ussualy line issue.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

any ERROR Codes

-
    Telephone Line Voltages: Fax machines communicate over single line phone networks where the 'Ring' and 'Tip' voltages are always located across the two center terminals.
    Line voltages are checked accordingly:

on-hook voltage (phone is hung up)
    --set the volt meter to 200 vdc
    --should read within the 48vdc ~ 52vdc range

off-hook voltage (phone is off-hook and dial tone is generated)
    --set the volt meter to 200 vdc
    --should read within the 8 vdc ~ 12 vdc range

ringing voltage (incoming call)
    --set the volt meter to 200 vac
    --should read within the 75 vac ~ 105 vac range

-RJ11-C Modular jack: Testing phone line voltages can be difficult if not impossible at times unless you can establish a really good connection to the phone line. The RJ11-C box can be used to establish a good connection.

--RJ11-C box with two female connectors (remove the cover and test with your meter across the red and green terminals). An additional phone cable is required.

--RJ11-C box with one male and one female connector; remove the cover and test with your meter across the red and green terminals).
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

One of the service guys here found on a site how to clear all memory back to factory settings...so we tryed it and it worked....I should have thought of this first before I carted the fax into the shop...I feel like a failure.....I must take a pay cut.....

Im over it ya just gotta learn something new everyday!!! wheres my money.....

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by landspeeder View Post
    One of the service guys here found on a site how to clear all memory back to factory settings...so we tryed it and it worked....I should have thought of this first before I carted the fax into the shop...I feel like a failure.....I must take a pay cut.....

Im over it ya just gotta learn something new everyday!!! wheres my money.....
    http://www.mediamuffin.com/11
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**