Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon 2318

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Canon 2318

Hello iam facing a problem on canon ir2318 when i make copy for a document , the document margins get closer about 2mm ,any one can help how to adjust the margin for the original document place ?? thanks

also i have at the same machine problem in network when i make print out from desktop or laptops one document get out and then the machine didnt print anymore till i turn off the machine and turn it on. i made ping and there's reply always i tried everything ,and iam begining to give up any ideas ?

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon 2318

Re: Canon 2318

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    Hello iam facing a problem on canon ir2318 when i make copy for a document , the document margins get closer about 2mm ,any one can help how to adjust the margin for the original document place ?? thanks
    1) Enter Service Mode - Additional Functions, 2, 8, Additional Functions, #SSSW will display
    2) Press the right arrow to reach #PRINT, Press OK, #PRINT SW will display
    3) Press the right arrow to reach #PRINT NUMERIC, Press OK, 001 will display
    4) Press the right arrow to reach 053 in the display
    5) Enter a new value on the key pad, press OK
    6) Press reset button to exit service mode and run copy to test new setting

The manual lists the adjustment number, default setting, range of available settings and the description of the code.

Not sure if this is what you are referring to. A scan of the issue might help us better understand your problem.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon 2318

[QUOTE=mramlawi;
    also i have at the same machine problem in network when i make print out from desktop or laptops one document get out and then the machine didnt print anymore till i turn off the machine and turn it on. i made ping and there's reply always i tried everything ,and iam begining to give up any ideas ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Did you delete and reinstall the print driver and port?
    Does it do this a laptop connected with a crossover cable?
    What is the version of your PCL on this unit? There was a tech pub with firmware release to update that to version 15 for printing issues as well.
    I know if you get a low toner message on this unit it will pause the printing on this unit as well.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    Did you delete and reinstall the print driver and port?
    Does it do this a laptop connected with a crossover cable?
    What is the version of your PCL on this unit? There was a tech pub with firmware release to update that to version 15 for printing issues as well.
    I know if you get a low toner message on this unit it will pause the printing on this unit as well.
    Thanks guys for replyin

Actually yea i connected my laptop directly and still the same problem ,how can i check the version of my pcl .i asked also some friend and they told me maybe there an update ?? anyone have it ?
    thanks again Toner is full

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    1) Enter Service Mode - Additional Functions, 2, 8, Additional Functions, #SSSW will display
    2) Press the right arrow to reach #PRINT, Press OK, #PRINT SW will display
    3) Press the right arrow to reach #PRINT NUMERIC, Press OK, 001 will display
    4) Press the right arrow to reach 053 in the display
    5) Enter a new value on the key pad, press OK
    6) Press reset button to exit service mode and run copy to test new setting

The manual lists the adjustment number, default setting, range of available settings and the description of the code.

Not sure if this is what you are referring to. A scan of the issue might help us better understand your problem.
    Hello sir...can i ask for help......i got i machine ir2318L.....i want adjust the margin..but cannot enter the *2,8* service mode... How i want to adjust the margin ya

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by afat View Post
    Hello sir...can i ask for help......i got i machine ir2318L.....i want adjust the margin..but cannot enter the *2,8* service mode... How i want to adjust the margin ya
    Enter Service Mode - Additional Functions, 4, 9, Additional Functions or Additional Functions, 2, 8, #

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wcanonw View Post
    Enter Service Mode - Additional Functions, 4, 9, Additional Functions or Additional Functions, 2, 8, #
    Okay got it....thanks very much sir...problem settle👍