Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

Imagerunner 2800

One of those months already. Strange problems everyday, lol. I have alot of these in the field and serviceing them for years, thought I had seen it all. But...Customer calls and says she is getting light copies only when using feeder. I thought she was seeing things, but I go by there and sure enough, when running through the feeder, it is very light, almost like it would be with really dirty optics. Off the glass and internally, FINE. She had to close the office, I told her I would run back by on Monday. I have seen plenty of black streaks, but that is the only quality issues I have seen with Platen vs. Feeder. This may be a common problem, but I have never seen it. May have to actually break out the manual (for the second time this week). Has anyone had this trouble. New to me. Thanks!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

Re: Imagerunner 2800

I would have initialized all copy settings to start with, but you could have a bad board that is processing the images when scanning. Does it have a fax or did you try scanning into the mailbox to see what those images possibly looked like?

I have never heard of this series having an issue similar to the one you are fighting.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

Yes, it does have fax, and I will send one on Monday to check it. I can scan to mailbox, but then would have to print it of course, so I am guessing it would be the same. As far as I know, the same exposure process is used when using the Adf, only that the Scanner doesn't move. I will try to do a clear on Monday. I guess a Dcon clear....Weird for sure.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

store a scan into mailbox and then print it. Please tell us if it was light too. I would clean the white plate and do a ccd adjust and white levels before anything else.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

Will do. Evidently happened all of the sudden. We do know the print engine is fine. Wandering how scanning to mailbox is different. You are meaning scan to mailbox from feeder, right? Thx

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

yeah I would for the hell of it. Its the same but I just wonder how much.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

Alright, went back to machine. Ran ltr-r through feeder and makes a good copy, go figure. Strange. But ltr was so light you couldnt read it. Both were fine from the glass. cleared rcon, did ccd adjust, set all door specs, some were off. Copied fine afterwards but still dont make sense. Oh well its working and thanks for the input....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Imagerunner 2800

hey if it is working then leave it alone and let it be. Sometimes its alright to not completely understand what the solution is!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.