Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

canon ir 2020i cannot send

HI,
    IN The send option in 2020i machine,when i want to scan a doc using the send option.I go to the file ,windows smb option and then click the borowse button,
    it says NO RESPONSE.But the machine is connected via a cross-cable to a single laptop,from which i can print.
    Can u please help me .Also if the SM is with any one who can share it ,il be grateful as im new to this model.

Thanks.

Re: canon ir 2020i cannot send

Quote Originally Posted by hari_4848 View Post
    HI,
    IN The send option in 2020i machine,when i want to scan a doc using the send option.I go to the file ,windows smb option and then click the borowse button,
    it says NO RESPONSE.But the machine is connected via a cross-cable to a single laptop,from which i can print.
    Can u please help me .Also if the SM is with any one who can share it ,il be grateful as im new to this model.

Thanks.
    HI,

MAY BE you have to disabel Firewall and antivirus.....

Try another machine and Report.If it will not work you have the same problem as me.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Trouble Push Scanning (Universal Send) or Pull Scanning (Network ScanGear) using a Windows XP Computer
    Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Edition have a built in firewall option called Internet Connection Firewall (ICF).
    If this option is enabled, the necessary ports to scan via a particular protocol or method (FTP, SMB, Network ScanGear, etc) must be opened.

On Windows Vista-
    Navigate to Windows Firewall in the Control Panels applet.
    Click on the "Allow a program through Windows Firewall" which will bring up the exception values.
    Turn ON File and Print Sharing.

File 'No Response' on imageRUNNER LCD when Push Scanning to File via SMB

Check the Shared folder (Sharing and Security tabs) and make sure it is configured properly.
    Have seen where the number of users is set to 1 and 1 person has already made a connection to this shared folder. Now if you try to send from the imageRUNNER you will get the error File No Response.

sharing.jpg
    Make sure the User Limit is set to Maximum Allowed or at the least more than 1 user.
    sharing2.jpg

Try turning off Check Dial Tone Before Sending.

Additional Functions > Communication Settings >
    Fax TX Settings > Check Dial Tone Before Sending.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have a shared folder in windows xp which works fine with the send option in ir 4570.
    Without changing any settings,I have connected it to the ir 2020i ,and in windows smb browse option i get no response.
    i dont think its a fault of the computer.any additional settings in the machine ?

Quote Originally Posted by hari_4848 View Post
    I have a shared folder in windows xp which works fine with the send option in ir 4570.
    Without changing any settings,I have connected it to the ir 2020i ,and in windows smb browse option i get no response.
    i dont think its a fault of the computer.any additional settings in the machine ?
    Hi may be you can try to set up from RUI

_ 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto View Post
    Hi may be you can try to set up from RUI
    Hi, hari_4848

Yes, using RUI would be much better way to check if the settings is done correctly.

Also use the "Run..." command from WinXP, to check your pathing if it is correct by typing, eg \\MyWinXP\SharedFolder. You should be able to see a window displaying WinXP for you to copy file to prove if file sharing's settings is done correctly. After that use copy & paste method on to RUI of copier.

If it still failed, you might want to turn SMB of copier ON & reboot it.

iR4570 & iR2020i are 2 different device so it a bit difficult to compare your issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have 5 ir 2020i machines installed in the network.
    All the four can scan print and copy fine .
    All are connected in the same network in the same office.
    The fifth machine is connected in the same network ,it can ping and also print .
    When i try to scan using windows smb,it says no response.
    Im unable to know the reason .the customer is very particular about color scanning ,so i ve installed 2020i.

In the send option,i have selected the file ->windows smb->browse->immediately get no response.
    The machine is very much in the network.im clueless about the problem.
    All the other 4 machines are sending to a shared folder present on the network,and the fifth machines should also send to the same folder ,so it is evident that the scanning permissions for the shared folder are good enough to scan.

Please guide me .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

make sure the 128MB Memory Stick is fully attached to the Main Controller-
    2020i.jpg
    Remove the back cover and look at the Image Processor Assembly. If you look at the mounted Image Processor Assembly, you will find a USB port on its left side (upper left hand corner). The 128 MB USB Flash Drive must be attached to this USB port. If the 128 MB USB Flash Drive is missing, you will need to replace it. The part number for the 128 MB USB Flash Drive is FK2-1101-000.
    Be sure to search the inside of the machine to make sure that the flash drive did not simply fall out. If the 128 MB USB Flash Drive is present, try reseating it.

128MB Memory Stick is used as an image data buffering device, while utilizing the SEND functionality of the machine.
    Do not remove the Memory Stick from the machine. If the Memory Stick is removed, SEND functionality will be lost.
    PCL MUST be Installed on Machine to Enable Send Feature.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The Pendrive is very much on the machine.can it be problem with the content in the pendrive?can v copy the data from other working 2020i m/c pendrive?
    How to check if PCL is installed on the m/c.
    Thanks