Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

CLC 3200 drum life

Hi!
    I would like to ask is can I reset the drum life of CLC 3200 to 0%? Some of my machines has more than 100% life though the copy is okay, but some are really not good copy. Thank you very much.

Re: CLC 3200 drum life

Hi Goldencup
    I believe the drums are chipped so that the counter is reset once a new drum unit is installed.
    We have been able to run these drums past 100% without having quality issues, so I would leave the drums in until they cause an issue.

Regards

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CLC 3200 drum life

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Hi!
    I would like to ask is can I reset the drum life of CLC 3200 to 0%? Some of my machines has more than 100% life though the copy is okay, but some are really not good copy. Thank you very much.

when u see a mess of toner dropping on your ITB belt /
    u will learn a lesson of not exhausting the drum life -

Nothing ruins your day like a toner mishap. Nothing, that is, except the heartbreak of psoriasis or the realization that you're not just going through a phase but, instead, have begun the last and most soul-numbing portion of your life. But first, how to clean up a toner spill!
    Toner cartridges often leak during replacement, leaving unpleasant black soot on the carpet. If your soot is noticeably cyan, magenta, or yellow in color, congratulations: you have a color printer!
    If you spill toner on your clothes or carpet, do not worry; it can be cleaned fairly easily with these helpful friendly tips. If it gets in your hair, you should start thinking about the Betty Page look.
    Perform the following steps carefully and experience the joyful feeling of being clean again:
    1. Remove any excess toner with a vacuum, as long as the spill is no bigger than a half dollar. If you do not have a half dollar with which to measure, try a quarter that has been flattened by a train. Do not -- I repeat, DO NOT -- use a Susan B. Anthony dollar! Do not attempt to wipe up the spill, as it will set the toner in place.
    2. After you have vacuumed the toner, take your clothes to your neighborhood dry cleaners. Consider also bringing some clothes to change into so that you do not have to drive home naked and embarrassed.
    3. If the spilled toner on your carpet does not completely disappear after the diligent use of your vacuum (no slackers, please), call your local carpet cleaning company to find out what they recommend to get the remaining toner out of your carpet. You could also do that first, before permanently defacing your carpet through improper implementation of step one. So maybe consider the last part of this advice as the real step one.
    4. If the spill is bigger than a half dollar (see step one, above, for more clarification) you will need a special vacuum that a copier technician carries. This would require a maintenance call which is likely not covered by your service contract and you will be charged accordingly. For this reason, try very hard to believe that your spill is smaller than a half dollar (again: see step one, above).
    Some further thoughts to consider as you face a toner mishap (including toner spills, toner waste disposal, general toner clean-up, and prolonged exposure to the toxic effects of inhaled toner):
    1. Do not handle loose toner without gloves. Unless you don't have gloves; then you're pretty much out of luck, aren't you?
    2. Never use water to clean toner from carpet because it only spreads and imbeds the stain. Especially hot water.
    3. Do not use a domestic vacuum cleaner to clean up toner spills. Cleaning with an ordinary vacuum only redistributes the dust throughout the room! Most ordinary vacuum cleaners utilize a porous bag as the only means of capturing dust. Since most allergy and respiratory discomfort rests with dust and other particles between 0.2 and 2 microns in size (one human hair is 80-100 microns in diameter), the "dangerous dust" is actually escaping back into the air through the vacuum's exhaust. It is preferable to avoid this.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

XCanonTech

Hi, i'm sure hat if you do a dc con clear this will reset drum life, however you will need to run a p-print and user data list so you can reenter settings.

CLC 3200 drum life

Quote Originally Posted by XCanonTech View Post
    Hi, i'm sure hat if you do a dc con clear this will reset drum life, however you will need to run a p-print and user data list so you can reenter settings.
    be careful when posting clearing suggestions for RCON/DCON/HDD Clear

that information to clear DCON for Drum Life is a STUPID idea - because u will now have to put back in all your DCON settings- and if u are missing a P PRINT or forget to print one out/ u are up the creek without a paddle my friend-
    & it will not prolong the drum life or change drum chip information

Drum life %percentage shown is now pretty accurate with a previous firmware update-
    this is only a guide for the tech to gauge usage/ it's display can be turned off in service mode to prevent customers from having a heart attack-

proper parts usage records & a good maintenance schedule= a happy customer & a happy tech

XCanonTech

'My Friend' there was no suggestion that this would prolong drum life on my side and it will give the user the result that he has requested as long as he follows those guidelines on p print

CLC 3200 drum life

Quote Originally Posted by XCanonTech View Post
    'My Friend' there was no suggestion that this would prolong drum life on my side and it will give the user the result that he has requested as long as he follows those guidelines on p print
    do you even know why that % read is made available ??

if my techs were out there clearing DCON for that %issue, they would be looking for a new job

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    do you even know why that % read is made available ??

if my techs were out there clearing DCON for that %issue, they would be looking for a new job

if you have any used toner's chip, then put this toner chip in drum then the program will show drum life 100 only and never go up.

CLC 3200 drum life

Quote Originally Posted by Techace View Post
    if you have any used toner's chip, then put this toner chip in drum then the program will show drum life 100 only and never go up.

more useless information----------
    Welcome to the Useless Information Home Page!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    more useless information----------
    Welcome to the Useless Information Home Page!

Dear Teckat
    i would like to congrats you for you patience on this Post
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough