Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

How to flash Canon IR2200 HDD

Guys can u give me some tip how to flash HDD of IR2200 when he is out of machine. I have latest firmware and ofcourse HDD,can i just flash it when i connect HDD on dekstop computer over IDE cable or do i need something else insted?

Help me if u can tnx!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: How to flash Canon IR2200 HDD

HDD has to be in the machine and loaded with the SST (service support tool) the manual for that is posted in here within the past couple of days. It will give you the steps on how to load it. You are also going to need a USB to parallel cable to load it if your PC does not have a parallel port on it.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

you can copy/clone hdd with a new version hdd using hd clone professional.i use to do so.

Technician

Than you for fast replyes that help me so much.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you are welcome!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

jas0nmack

Hello, I have the same request as the OP in here. My company has an old IR2220N where the hard drive died. I searched the forums and tried to do the Check Disk repair and that didn't work. I pulled the drive and tried to do a raw image of it to see if I could save the data to clone to another drive but too much of the drive was corrupt.

I'm trying to donate this copier to a small school our company has in Honduras and there's a container ship going down on January 6th so I am hoping to get it working then. I have a ton of 2.5" IDE drives I can use but from reading I am going to need a copy of the Canon Service Support Tool, Firmware that works for the IR2220N and instructions. I already have a USB to Serial cable and I use that when needing to console into Cisco routers/switches and our Toshiba phone systems. The organization I work for is a non-profit which forces me to be a jack of all trades and I hope I can be pointed in the right direction. From reading the Canon SST thread, wasn't sure how to ask since it seems like they crucify some of the people requesting.

Please let me know if I need to create a new thread, I didn't want to hijack this one but I also didn't want to fill this forum with dupe requests for the same thing. I'm hoping to be able to fix this for free if possible.

Thank you!