Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    stumcb

ir7055i compared to KM6000

hi guys

just wondered everyones opinion the imagerunner 7055i compared to the KM6000 both similar prices i thought that the KM gave a better image even compared to the ir9060 but then the imagerunner seem more robust and user friendly

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: ir7055i compared to KM6000

I have helped setup the Konica before with a friend of mine and it was a pain, but I am canon guy. The Canon had its issues in the begining just like any new model will, but with the part and firmware updates the machines are running good and the quality is nice, but depends on what stocks you are going to be running. Attached is a BLI comparrison>>>pf=true&compare=49318%2C+61718&type=0.pdf

In my opinion a 9065 would be better than both, but not knowing what you are going to be running on it and what your volumes are going to be it is difficult to make a recommendation.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

stumcb

your not wrong the 9060 is better but an extra £10k it should be. - but does anyone know what the difference is as they are suposed to have the same engine just a bit slower

all my kit is old very old xerox7655 + 3535 so anything is an improvment

paper stocks 100gsm 170 gsm gloss and 300 (350gsm) are the main ones - medium volume and need resnoble quality got about £20k to spend

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

the 90XX and 70XX series are the same engine wise. They use all the same parts and are constructed exactly the same. The 90 series has a better finisher and paper input options that can handle the glossy and heavy stocks that you are looking to run, but that 350 gsm stock is out of spec for this series machine.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I usually like KM color over other brands and have yet to see this specific Canon machine in action. It appears by the comparison chart that you get more for less with the Canon option. Of course the pricing listing is MSRP, which to me always meant Manufacturers Suggested Rip-off Price and rarely is what anyone ends up paying for something.

If possible you should try both machines and see how you feel about them.