Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Canon LBP 5000 - black problem

Hi all. I have this issue with a canon lbp 5000. It moves black exactly 1cm down and does a "shadow" effect when printing photos. I changed the drum,chip and the charging roller of the black toner, cleaned the LSU and the color registration sensors. In the printer status windows, it says " black - check cartridge". I attached the service print charts. I really need your help on this one. img006.jpgimg005.jpg

Re: Canon LBP 5000 - black problem

Quote Originally Posted by savi0r View Post
    Hi all. I have this issue with a canon lbp 5000. It moves black exactly 1cm down and does a "shadow" effect when printing photos. I changed the drum,chip and the charging roller of the black toner, cleaned the LSU and the color registration sensors. In the printer status windows, it says " black - check cartridge". I attached the service print charts. I really need your help on this one. img006.jpgimg005.jpg

Hi, Have you replaced a new cartridge 707 bk ?

if the cartridge is old, perhaps the developing cylinder is not working ok

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi.The printer only has aprox 3800 copies. In the service manual , it says that "check cartridge" means that either the drum or the developer section is worn out. I'll check the developer section and come back with detalis. Thank you for your reply.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi all. I changed all the cartridges, and it does aprox the same thing except now it makes the "shadow" on magenta and cyan. Even after changing the cartridges, it still says " check black cartridge". I attached a print from this machine, maybe you'll see better what i'm talking about. I'm stuck on this one. Please help.

img010.jpg

Tried calibration from the driver - maintenance menu somewhere...?
    Have you checked for problems with the ITB?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi. The ITB seems ok. The printer only has aprox 3800 copies, so it's not worn out. THe calibration can only be done from the printer status window. The service menu has no "special calibration" option. I'm thinking to clean the laser again and all sensors. I heard it's a common problem with these models, also hp 1600, 2600, but nobody seems to point out specific steps to solving this problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

hello ,
    friend i want to ask u some question
    first of all did u check the paper is its wet ? mybe so change the paper
    2nd remove all the drum cartridges and check the ITB belt is it clean ? or there's shadow of image ?
    3rd the printed photo when it exit from heater did it exit dry ??

waitin ur reply

In HP 2600 there are buttons - cold reset sometimes solves some of these issues.
    But LBP 5000 has no buttons for cold reset..
    I have read in some russian forums that they solve the problem with preprogramming some chip... i will search for this info and will write again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Maybe you're talking about the eeprom that stores the calibration settings. I read about it too. I'm hoping to try some more stuff before blamming the chip.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    hello ,
    friend i want to ask u some question
    first of all did u check the paper is its wet ? mybe so change the paper
    2nd remove all the drum cartridges and check the ITB belt is it clean ? or there's shadow of image ?
    3rd the printed photo when it exit from heater did it exit dry ??

waitin ur reply
    Hi. THe belt is clean. I printed a photo and stoped the printer when the paper has half way through. So, everything seems ok before the paper reaches the black toner cartridge. I changed the black cartridge, it does the same thing. Changed all the cartridges, and it started to make shadows on yellow and cyan. Paper is dry, no marks on the itb, and the paper exits the fuser section dry. I'm suspecting the LSU unit or some color registration sensor from the ITB, but i'm not sure. I don't have experience with these machines. Any advice would be really usefull. I'm planning to clean the LSU unit again tomorrow and the printer sensors and contacts.