Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Dataviz

Canon 4580i How to change SMTP Port

How do I go about changing the default smtp port from 25 to my hosts port 26?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon 4580i How to change SMTP Port

Re: Canon 4580i How to change SMTP Port

Quote Originally Posted by Dataviz View Post
    How do I go about changing the default smtp port from 25 to my hosts port 26?

SMTP Port

on your model---------
    1. Press Additional Functions, 2 and 8 at the same time, and then Additional Functions again.
    2. Press Additional Functions and then press 2. This will put you in Service Mode Level 2.
    3. Select Copier, Option, Body .

note >>> you can change the SMTP port number on the copier if the imagePASS H1/J1/S1/S2 is connected.

The imageRUNNER is capable of changing the port numbers used for sending mail using SMTP, receiving mail using SMTP, and receiving mail using POP3. These port numbers can be changed as part of system administration so that they can be placed under network control. This capability is available in the latest versions of mn-cont software.
    There is no need or requirement to change these port numbers. The defaults are normally fine.
    If it is necessary to change the settings to meet a user's network environment (router or firewall settings, etc), make sure to change the settings according to instructions given by the user's system administrator.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**