Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Some patterns appearing on the copies

Howdie. Is that 500,000 or 5 million? Big difference. Anyway...

1. The charge roller (or the mag roller located in the developer unit) I believe is behind the the bypass door on the upper right hand side of the copier (below the document catch tray and above the large capacity paper deck if you have one). It's quite possible your spacing got off or the top side damaged on the roller. The unit should come out after removing several screws...sorry I don't have the manual or a photo to aid you. Remove the screws and GENTLY pull out the black box-like object which is the developer unit and the toner hopper sits on top I believe.

I think the developer units should last about 2-3 million pages but maybe your died if you're at 500,000 pages.

I'd recommend getting a new developer unit instead of messing with just the roller...I tried to be cheap and messed up one once and got toner everywhere. Just guessing but they're probably like $900 or so.

2. If you're machine is at 5M pages, you're probably due for a new drum and drum blade (doctor blade). If you're at 500k then I believe you just clean and flip the drum blade and use it for another 500k prints. I recommend flipping or getting a new drum blade; they don't cost that much anyway.

3. I don't think it is your laser but while you're changing your drum blade you might as well look at it and make sure none of those toner clumps got on it or flew around. I think there's a drum sensor on that model too. Just make sure it's clean while you're taking everything apart.

Hope this helps you. Oh and clean or change the coronas if you haven't and there's little pads that get replaced if you're not buying a whole new unit.

Quote Originally Posted by umer View Post
    Hey friends

My copier has crossed 5,00,000 copies

Before entering the paper to the fixer unit, I stopped the mechine and found that those patterns are present on the drum.

How the drum is getting on those patterns are a mystry to me.

Now the question is which is the charger roller ???? and what the bias contact of the drum module. where it is found

Charge roller ??? where is it located and how to charge it ????

please help me in this regard

umer

umer

Thumbs up Re: Some patterns appearing on the copies

Dear Friends
    Thank you for your suggestions, replies and guidances. I really appreciate the suggestions given to me. The problem was with the developer unit, as most of u suggested. there is what is called Magnetic roller in the developer unit, which was creating problems (patterns appearing on the drum). I got it solved by replacing the magnetic roller in the deveper unit. Some times when the doctor blade (drum blade) comes to its end, lines starts appearing on the copies. But that wont leave any patterns on the drum. In my case it was magnetic roller problem.

Thank you gays. Thank you once again.

umer

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well statistically only 10% of us on here are but you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by umer View Post

Thank you gays. Thank you once again.
    umer

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Some patterns appearing on the copies

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Well statistically only 10% of us on here are but you're welcome.

ten_percentwizard2.jpg6305676318_8babfceac5.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**