Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Should I rebuild a ir2020 Fuser onsite?  Are you doing it?

Should I rebuild a ir2020 Fuser onsite? Are you doing it?

If you are doing this, are your likeing TSA films or BOP.com Made in Germany films? HA HA .

Seriously, I have the time to do on site if it isnt that bad and reliable. Plus one I know might not
    want to get another 200k out of it before they replace it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Should I rebuild a ir2020 Fuser onsite? Are you doing it?

The 2020i what I remember is easier to do than the 2022i and more reliable than the 2022i. For some reason I have found that to be the case. I found a new place other than the vendors you mentioned, They just do fusers, FIT out of Missouri. I have done the films mainly on the 3570,3045, with LFRs from PR, oem and resonable. I recommend to also replace the lfr bushings on the 2022i not sure on the 2020 ( I believe its a different bushing). Or just buy the whole UFR assembly (costs more) less time in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    The 2020i what I remember is easier to do than the 2022i and more reliable than the 2022i. For some reason I have found that to be the case. I found a new place other than the vendors you mentioned, They just do fusers, FIT out of Missouri. I have done the films mainly on the 3570,3045, with LFRs from PR, oem and resonable. I recommend to also replace the lfr bushings on the 2022i not sure on the 2020 ( I believe its a different bushing). Or just buy the whole UFR assembly (costs more) less time in the field.
    TY for your opinion. What is FIT out of missouri ? I googled it and didnt find the company. I am assuming PR is precision roller.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simons View Post
    TY for your opinion. What is FIT out of missouri ? I googled it and didnt find the company. I am assuming PR is precision roller.
    Fusion Image Technology
    4006 E 137th Terrace
    Grandview, MO 64030-2834 map
    Phone: (816) 979-1000

url link below
    Fixing Assemblies, Fixing Film Units - Fusion Image Technology

Fusion Image Technology offers repair services for fixing/fuser assemblies and fixing film units for Canon, HP, Kyocera Mita and Ricoh.
    Fusion Image Technology supports the office equipment industry by providing high quality refurbished fixing assemblies, fuser assemblies and fixing film units. We currently support parts that are used in Canon, HP, Kyocera Mita and Ricoh. With options like Repair and Return, Advanced Exchange and Direct Purchase, we have the services to fit your needs. Fusion Image Technology offers a core purchase program to procure your excess inventory. This helps keep our costs as low as possible and prevents non-functional units from ending up in the trash and landfills
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks Teckat
    I was'nt sure if I could spell out the FIT company or not, and give info on them if they were not advertising here. I have used their product and they seem fair in quality and price. Thank-You
    Merry Xmas to all.

sandermkl

hi there

hi there,can u give me any idea ,what happened with my canon IR1600 that shows SYSTEM ERROR E000

there is a tab on the drum that can break. Its towards the back on the drum. Small flat finger points out and opens laser.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: hi there

Quote Originally Posted by sandermkl View Post
    hi there,can u give me any idea ,what happened with my canon IR1600 that shows SYSTEM ERROR E000
    E000: The main thermistor reading does not reach 40 degrees C 14 sec after the fixing heater goes ON.

remove and inspect>After ensuring that the fuser circuit is operating properly,

1. Go to Service mode by hitting { ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS, # } on the control panel.
    2. Scroll to #7 Printer and press OK
    3. Scroll to #4 Printer Reset and press OK
    4. Yes = ( * )
    5. If working on an iR1600 / 2000 {Yes / NO} is displayed on the control panel without an indication of which button to press. To choose YES perform step 6.
    6. Press the ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS key to select YES on the iR1600 / 2000 and then the left {<} arrow key.
    7. #5 MLT CLEANING is next indicated on the LCD as it is the next menu item to be displayed. Clearing of the error code is complete.
    8. Turn main switch OFF and ON. The error code will clear when E0XX has been recified.

* NOTE: If the error code does not clear, the cause of the error has not been recified.

if no cleared /do below

After ensuring that the fuser circuit is operating properly, enter service mode address #12, "CLEAR". Proceed to "ALL" and perform an "ALL CLEAR". After doing an "ALL CLEAR", unplug the IR for 5 minutes.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Fusion Image Technology
    4006 E 137th Terrace
    Grandview, MO 64030-2834 map
    Phone: (816) 979-1000

url link below
    Fixing Assemblies, Fixing Film Units - Fusion Image Technology

Fusion Image Technology offers repair services for fixing/fuser assemblies and fixing film units for Canon, HP, Kyocera Mita and Ricoh.
    Fusion Image Technology supports the office equipment industry by providing high quality refurbished fixing assemblies, fuser assemblies and fixing film units. We currently support parts that are used in Canon, HP, Kyocera Mita and Ricoh. With options like Repair and Return, Advanced Exchange and Direct Purchase, we have the services to fit your needs. Fusion Image Technology offers a core purchase program to procure your excess inventory. This helps keep our costs as low as possible and prevents non-functional units from ending up in the trash and landfills
    This is a good a company. Met with the owners and GM last week and we are doing more and more business with them every month.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Simons View Post
    there is a tab on the drum that can break. Its towards the back on the drum. Small flat finger points out and opens laser.
    O man I must need glasses. Thought he wrote e100 ......DOH!