Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar

iRC3200 Eco Board

I have a bad eco board, if i buy a used eco board from internet supplier will it work or give a miss match error.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iRC3200 Eco Board

Re: iRC3200 Eco Board

The information should rewrite from the SN board if it is a good board. You better hope that it is not used though as that could cause you all sorts of problems with your meters.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iRC3200 Eco Board

Re: iRC3200 Eco Board

Quote Originally Posted by copymech View Post
    I have a bad eco board, if i buy a used eco board from internet supplier will it work or give a miss match error.

The ECO ID PCB continues to be restricted. The ECO ID PCB can only be obtained by contacting the Canon Technical Support Center.

The Counter Memory PCB, ECO ID PCB and SRAM PCB retain information pertinent to the specific engine they are installed in. Ensure that you never swap any of these circuit boards with another engine. If any of these circuit boards are swapped, it can result negatively in equipment performance.

Counter Memory PCB and ECO ID PCB communicate information with the Main Controller.

Counter Memory PCB is a matched board with the ECO ID PCB and cannot be swapped with one from any other engine. Doing so may change the error code, it will not correct the problem and will certainly add confusion, thus increasing downtime.

It is illegal to tamper with this circuit in an attempt to falsify the counter readings of any Canon Copier.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**