Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jason Worobel

Borders fuzzy printing to iRC 5185 in Excel 2010

Hello,

Hoping to get some help with a strange issue. I have a .xlsx (Excel 2010) spreadsheet that, when printed to a Canon iRC5185, the borders are fuzzy. When printing the same document to an iRC3380 (or anything else) the print output looks great. I printed another spreadsheet, a .xls (Excel 2003) file format to both printers and the ouput is fine. It's only when printing out of Excel 2010 to a 5185 that a spreadsheet prints the output with fuzzy borders. I've tried every new driver off the Canon site I could get my hands on.. Basically, I'm still trying to figure out if this is a software/driver related issue, or is it an issue (hardware or software) with the PCL/PS board? on the 5185. I must admit I AM NOT a MFD/copier tech.. I've done mostly PC hardware and software support for a while and have worked on more HP printers than I care to admit, but I am not a copier guy. I'm really just trying to rule out any issue with the 5185 at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm new here.
    -jay

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Borders fuzzy printing to iRC 5185 in Excel 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Worobel View Post
    Hello,

Hoping to get some help with a strange issue. I have a .xlsx (Excel 2010) spreadsheet that, when printed to a Canon iRC5185, the borders are fuzzy. When printing the same document to an iRC3380 (or anything else) the print output looks great. I printed another spreadsheet, a .xls (Excel 2003) file format to both printers and the ouput is fine. It's only when printing out of Excel 2010 to a 5185 that a spreadsheet prints the output with fuzzy borders. I've tried every new driver off the Canon site I could get my hands on.. Basically, I'm still trying to figure out if this is a software/driver related issue, or is it an issue (hardware or software) with the PCL/PS board? on the 5185. I must admit I AM NOT a MFD/copier tech.. I've done mostly PC hardware and software support for a while and have worked on more HP printers than I care to admit, but I am not a copier guy. I'm really just trying to rule out any issue with the 5185 at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm new here.
    -jay
    this is usually a print driver issue. I have seen this several times with windows 7 and office 2010.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Jason Worobel

Thanks, I'll try Canon again...

Happy Holidays!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

I agree with Charm about this issue(its driver problem happen always with me )
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Jason Worobel

Does anyone have a particular driver in mind? I've tried the latest PCL 5 and PCL 6 releases... I've installed the older versions as well... We've had luck with the PostScript drivers here lately but it looks like Canon only has one available... Currently the PS3 driver works with all applications even some within Office 2010 (Word, PP)... Excel 2010 seems to be the only issue...Thanks again for the replies... I've trolled over some of the other forums here, you guys know your stuff... I'll definately be back in the future!

if it has internal print option us the UFR version

Jason Worobel

@charm Thank You for the suggestion, I'll definately look into that.

Thanks again for the help!

anytime dude!!!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Does this machine have the external (piggyback) or internal print controller?

I've seen it where folks have inadvertently used the wrong driver; the worst part is that it "kinda" works, but not completely.

And I do definitely agree - Office 2010 seems to have issues with these model Canon machines in general.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

_ 250+ Posts

Hi, Jay

Have you try using Gray Compensation to print? It can be found from "Quality" tab -> "Advanced settings" button

Gray-Compensation.jpg