Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

IR5570 Print driver margin

I have issue in print in driver for IR5570 i get margin more then 5 mm but if I use driver for IR5000 is lover then 5 is there any solution to use original driver with margin lover then 5 (4.9 would be ok)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: IR5570 Print driver margin

Quote Originally Posted by jemsovic View Post
    I have issue in print in driver for IR5570 i get margin more then 5 mm but if I use driver for IR5000 is lover then 5 is there any solution to use original driver with margin lover then 5 (4.9 would be ok)
    do you have the latest print drivers installed? which printer language are you using UFR/PCL or PS?

Have you checked your margins from your PG-type 5 to see that it is within normal specs?

something else to keep in mind is that some programs also change the margins as well depending on the OS and version of the program.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Typically, most Canon drivers have about the same void area, about .17", or about 5mm (at least in theory, anyway).

If you don't need any special features, you may be able to get away with an HP driver, like a LaserJet 5.

I had a customer about 9 or 10 years ago who had 2 iR330s which had fairly large areas (much more than 5 mm), and their application required a printer that would just about go to the edge, as it was designed by short-sighted engineers who thought that everybody has an HP.

The LJ5 drivers worked perfectly. Fortunately, the customer didn't need any special finishing.

At one time I tried hacking a few of PostScript drivers to minimize the voids, but only had very limited success.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    do you have the latest print drivers installed? which printer language are you using UFR/PCL or PS?

Have you checked your margins from your PG-type 5 to see that it is within normal specs?

something else to keep in mind is that some programs also change the margins as well depending on the OS and version of the program.
    i have tried ufr and pcl6 newest and it is same if I use ir 5000 drivers then i have it less then 5mm, i use corel and autocad. regarding PG type 5 not sure what that is. any help aprisieted. sory for speling errors.

_ 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jemsovic View Post
    i have tried ufr and pcl6 newest and it is same if I use ir 5000 drivers then i have it less then 5mm, i use corel and autocad. regarding PG type 5 not sure what that is. any help aprisieted. sory for speling errors.

Hi, jemsovic

Have you try from the printer driver properties "Finishing" tab -> "Advanced Settings" button, which offer a few tweaks?

Expand Print Region.jpg

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KL568 View Post
    Hi, jemsovic

Have you try from the printer driver properties "Finishing" tab -> "Advanced Settings" button, which offer a few tweaks?

Expand Print Region.jpg
    Thanks a bunch the 1/6 ? settings helped solve my issue.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KL568 View Post
    Hi, jemsovic

Expand Print Region.jpg
    Nice information!!!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

_ 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    Nice information!!!
    That's one of the problem on Canon.Inc engineers, love to hide these settings here and there. And the training manuals never cover this aspect

Technician

The same problem is happening on a IR C4080. It is using the Canon Generic PCL6 Driver. The 1/6" option is not available under advanced options. The driver is the most recent PCL6 driver. Any suggestions?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Is there a reason for you to use the GENERIC driver.
    If not use the proper PCL driver