Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Send to Email

Technician

Send to Email

Hi all,

i have iR c 3380i will configure in sending function, it send email, if least than the recomended file size, but if more than the recomended size and divided is ON, the attached file is receive with the exact number of divided value but the content is not Readable it will come garbage i try it in PDF and TIFF format.

it happen this when i do MMI clear. before i do MMI clear every thing is great.

i try to upgrade the firmware and initialized date and time to restore in factory mode but still same.

Can any one exprience this problem. your help is needed very badly..

thank you in advance
    Jason

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Send to Email

Re: Send to Email

MMI CLEAR-
    Clears following user mode setting values:
    - Backup data for copy operation panel (user-set values)
    - Common settings backup data (user-set values)
    - Backup data (except fax data) (user-set values)

MMI Clear will remove information pertaining to the Machine User Settings, such as, ID Modes, ID Group, Passwords, Mode Memory, IP Addresses and Network settings. It does not delete address book.

Did u Print out the User Data Lists, P-Print, Configuration Pages, and any other reports that contain valuable settings> that need to be put back in Printer

what firmware are u trying to update ???
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

i updated the system software of the machine with this version iRC3380_V3_v9401. but still same. i do return the value with the P-Print before i do MMI clear. but still same. what do u think is the issue?

_ 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yazj View Post
    i updated the system software of the machine with this version iRC3380_V3_v9401. but still same. i do return the value with the P-Print before i do MMI clear. but still same. what do u think is the issue?
    Hi, yazj

Have you try scan to the internal HDD (Mailbox) & from there manipulate it to Send2Email?
    Make sure the same number of pages that encounter issue when you were facing with.

If it the same issue, then consider using Service Mode to CHECK HDD or CLEAR HDD.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Go into additional/functions and increase the maximum email size

Technician

@vigour

customer don't want that way. to add the size because their email allowed 7MB only. so this is the size set already to the machine. bigger than that should divided already.

@KL568

i do that also but still same. garbage attachment.

what do you think this is not encoded issue? because the extension file receive is .DAT not PDF or TIFF

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

you dont have to tell them you changed the size, change it, test it, see if it works.
    If it works, you can let them decide., if they want garbage or problem free email
    clearing MMi cleared all user settings, and the email size is a user setting that some one might have increased without telling them.

_ 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yazj View Post

@KL568

i do that also but still same. garbage attachment.

what do you think this is not encoded issue? because the extension file receive is .DAT not PDF or TIFF
    Hm? You've a strange issue, seldom attachment being change .DAT unless this Customer of yours has spam software that monior all email attachments.

Let try from a different angle, use another Canon device that uses a different mail server & Send2Email to this Customer email & your personal email If outcome is the same but your personal email no issue, you might have check with their IT Admin for advise

Technician

@KL568

KL568 yes sooo strange. my customer have iR7200 with sending function also and iRA C5045i this machine model work okay, in same network with the machine iRC 3380i have a problem in sending the only Deference is IP address and the host name. please any thing to do this please.

things that im confusing is why if divide file only it it comes this problem. and why it comes with the .DAT file
    Last edited by yazj; 01-01-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: change some words

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Send to Email

READ>>>>>>>>>>>>>.DAT File Extension

DAT File Extension - Open .DAT files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**