Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lafv_5

IR400 Please need System Software

Hello, I am a beginner in this and I have a problem with my printer, I have given a print from my computer, but on machine green light blinks, system shows busy but no print, there is no error number. The authorize canon service dealer tells me that the system software has to be reinstall in order to fix the problem but they say that this software is not available anymore for this printer. I think I need H1/K1 or the P1/R1 software and the firmware, I have talk to the technician a he will install the software it but I have to get it.

I will really appreciate your help.

lafv_5
    email: lafv_5@yahoo.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: IR400 Please need System Software

if he is an authorized tech then he should have access to it. That being said if your printer system comes to a ready state, but is not processing the print jobs you could have a print driver issue.

What OS are you printing from?
    How do you have your PC and printer connected?
    When did the printing issues start?
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

lafv_5

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    if he is an authorized tech then he should have access to it. That being said if your printer system comes to a ready state, but is not processing the print jobs you could have a print driver issue.

What OS are you printing from?
    How do you have your PC and printer connected?
    When did the printing issues start?
    Hi charm5496, the OS of the computers I tried are Windows XP, with one computer I connected directly with a LPT1 cable and with another computer I connected with an USB-LPT1 cable. The issue started right after it printed a 11x17 drawing (autocad file), this was not the first time I print with this kind of paper and files in this printer.
    I read this message "canon ir 400 printerborad hard disk is fail" but I cant find whether the network printer PCB is H1/K1 or P1/R1.

Hope you could help me.

Thanks

lafv_5

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hi it sounds more like hard drive full not fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by lafv_5 View Post
    Hi charm5496, the OS of the computers I tried are Windows XP, with one computer I connected directly with a LPT1 cable and with another computer I connected with an USB-LPT1 cable. The issue started right after it printed a 11x17 drawing (autocad file), this was not the first time I print with this kind of paper and files in this printer.
    I read this message "canon ir 400 printerborad hard disk is fail" but I cant find whether the network printer PCB is H1/K1 or P1/R1.

Hope you could help me.

Thanks

lafv_5

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would get into the printer board menu and go to setup. From there do a clear. If you go to the printer menu and you get a please wait screen then the HDD on the print board failed and needs to be reloaded or replaced
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.