Thread: I NEED FIRMWARE

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    I NEED FIRMWARE

Re: I NEED FIRMWARE

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

A lot has been said and fun being made on this forum about sst and firmware and no concrete solution made about the same.I would suggest the following on this forum to assist our fellow techs:1.Many of our technicians are new to the site and don't know where to get genuine and good packages of sst and firmware.Therefore, we request senior members of the forum to assist this class of people to locate or identify better sources of this products.2.Many a technician do not have time to go through all the threads posted on this forum,therefore it becomes increasingly very difficult for some one to easily locate or find a better source of the product required and thus requests for assistance on the forum.I think it would be an obligation to our forum members to guide our fellow techs on where to get this products than bumping into other conmen who would spoil the image of our forum.3.Being that all the forum members come from different parts of the world with a view of sharing technical experiences,that is why threads are posted on this forum for purposes of learning and guidance,thus it will take little time for guidance to our techs to save our technical image.Remember to ERR is human thanks to the directors ,advisers and our senior technical members of the forum.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERTEC ASSOCIATES View Post
    A lot has been said and fun being made on this forum about sst and firmware and no concrete solution made about the same.I would suggest the following on this forum to assist our fellow techs:1.Many of our technicians are new to the site and don't know where to get genuine and good packages of sst and firmware.Therefore, we request senior members of the forum to assist this class of people to locate or identify better sources of this products.2.Many a technician do not have time to go through all the threads posted on this forum,therefore it becomes increasingly very difficult for some one to easily locate or find a better source of the product required and thus requests for assistance on the forum.I think it would be an obligation to our forum members to guide our fellow techs on where to get this products than bumping into other conmen who would spoil the image of our forum.3.Being that all the forum members come from different parts of the world with a view of sharing technical experiences,that is why threads are posted on this forum for purposes of learning and guidance,thus it will take little time for guidance to our techs to save our technical image.Remember to ERR is human thanks to the directors ,advisers and our senior technical members of the forum.

firmware is not for us to give. some people could get fired for doing so.

every week someone wants to know how to fix colour displacement on 3200. 3220.4800.5180. 5185.
    how many times would YOU answer that

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adhy View Post
    I need a hugh...LOL.
    You need a hugh what?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Looks like you are bucking for a job around here... sooo take it, the job is yours. You got my vote to spend your free time giving out software that is NOT suppose to be handed out at all, to hand it out for free. Welcome, here is your new desk... chair... the hours are long and the pay is nothing...
    Enjoy.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    I NEED FIRMWARE

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    You need a hugh what?
    sorry i mean a hug.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    I NEED FIRMWARE

Quote Originally Posted by vigour View Post
    firmware is not for us to give. some people could get fired for doing so.

every week someone wants to know how to fix colour displacement on 3200. 3220.4800.5180. 5185.
    how many times would YOU answer that
    Some do I admire their patience.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Having fun ? YES
    Making fun ? NO

To be able to get the firmware needed for a certain Copier/Printer...you SHOULD be a company/factory certified tech.
    Some of us have to go to schools, or get the training in house from a certified instructor to be able to have access to the firmware. WE DO NOT take this lightly. We have the responsibility to our company to protect our product and our consumers.
    If you are a certified tech, then you as well have access to the firmware, all you have to do is go through the proper channels: Download new firmware until you get what you need .
    If you do not have the certification on this product.......get it.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .