Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IR5000 IR5020

I can't get the scanner running on these. the drivers are loded network scangear has been installed, but when you select scan on the copier and then selct on-line it says waiting, is there something I am missing here. They are able to print from the computer just fine, but I cannot get them to scan to the computer, just the mailboxes. Thanks for any help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    What procedure are you using to scan? These machines use what is called pull down scanning. When you select Scan and the online indication appears, you must connect to the scanner using Network ScanGear and then "PULL" the images down from the machine using scanning software incorporated into apps like MS Word or Adobe Acrobat. With the documents loaded in the Doc Feeder or on the Copyboard Glass and the scanner selected in ScanGear, you go to your desktop and select scan using whatever App you are using. The machine will then activate and scan the documents. They should then appear in your Application.

Is this what you are doing?

IR5000/5020 scanner

Thanks I will try that, seems I overlooked the easy...sigh...it was so nice in the old days when these things just copied and sorted

Technician
    Hi
    Just curious for IR 5000 network scan gear for scanning is the logical choose but for IR 5020 you can use the universal send function( better and easier way) to perform the scanning(PDF and Tiff Format) why do you choose to scan using network Scan gear( Over in Singapore it is a standard feature for IR 5020, unless it is Optional in you country)

ravi

canon ir5000 i am not able to clear e000005-0000 error code

some one help

i have canon ir5000 i have recived an error E000005-0000, i have changed we roller, and cleared error code by *28* func/clear/err, still error remains

hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by ravi View Post
    some one help

i have canon ir5000 i have recived an error E000005-0000, i have changed we roller, and cleared error code by *28* func/clear/err, still error remains
    clear the web counter and the service counter.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    the web is on the wrong side of the lever. make sure the web is winding the correct way, check the sensor to see if it is being activated when it shouldn't be. When the web runs out it activates the lever to activate the sensor. Once that is correct you can go into the service mode and function clear err, go to counter misc and clear the web count as well