Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Network Scangear Driver 64 bit for Windows 7

Re: Network Scangear Driver 64 bit for Windows 7

Good Find

did u see this at end of reply

Color Network ScanGear v2.71

Microsoft Windows 7*
    *When installing on a 64 bit edition of these Windows Operating systems, the installer will install the
    32 bit application and it will run in 32 compatibility mode.
    There is a small performance hit when used
    in this environment.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

artisan

Thumbs up Re: Network Scangear Driver 64 bit for Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Good Find

did u see this at end of reply

Color Network ScanGear v2.71

Microsoft Windows 7*
    *When installing on a 64 bit edition of these Windows Operating systems, the installer will install the
    32 bit application and it will run in 32 compatibility mode.
    There is a small performance hit when used
    in this environment.
    Yes, teckat, I did see the compatibility notes. The challenge for me was that the driver instructions do not lead you into installing this software in compatibility mode, rather leaving us to assume that normal installation will facilitate this. Although it was apparent that Scangear v2.71 was installed under the WOW64 registry entry on normal installation, causing me to assume that it was installed in 32bit compatibility, it apparently does not perform as if in compatibility mode. Forcing compatibility on installation so far has done the trick. I will be interested to hear if it works for others.

Quote Originally Posted by artisan View Post
    Yes, teckat, I did see the compatibility notes. The challenge for me was that the driver instructions do not lead you into installing this software in compatibility mode, rather leaving us to assume that normal installation will facilitate this. Although it was apparent that Scangear v2.71 was installed under the WOW64 registry entry on normal installation, causing me to assume that it was installed in 32bit compatibility, it apparently does not perform as if in compatibility mode. Forcing compatibility on installation so far has done the trick. I will be interested to hear if it works for others.

Going to have some tech's test this out

artisan

Smile Re: Network Scangear Driver 64 bit for Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Going to have some tech's test this out
    Great, BTW your comments on "compatibility" were the antecedent to trying different installation methods, so thanks for that.

ludovit8

Hi,

64bit version of 2.71 doesnt work for scanner on IR2520.
    It give me back internal error 9001. I tested it on two computers.
    Same driver, but 32version works on 32bit Win7 ok.

Why there is problem with Win64bit and 64bit driver ??

kamrankhan

Quote Originally Posted by artisan View Post
    Thanks teckat, you are correct this is the right driver but after some long nights could still not get the driver to load and enable application software to see the Scangear driver. Late last night I happened across a solution which is too large to detail all the steps here, but essentially the Color Network Scangear v2.71 has to be installed in Windows XP compatibility mode. Having done this all applications can now see the scanner. I have tried it with success on several 64 bit machines on the network and as a consequence imbibed a celebratory bottle of wine into the wee hours of this morning. Please see the attachment, I hope it works for others. I will be interested to hear. Good luck, Artisan
    HI Aristan thank you very much for your detailed info on the issues of the Colour Network Scangear v2.71. I have followed your instructions to the letter but still my PC cannot find my scanner for my Canon iRC2380I. I have the Canon printer installed at home directly to my PC via printer cable thus I do not even have a network nor an IP address for the printer! I have spent many a sleepless trying to set up this scanner but to no avail. Is there anything else you can advice which may help? Anything would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamrankhan View Post
    HI Aristan thank you very much for your detailed info on the issues of the Colour Network Scangear v2.71. I have followed your instructions to the letter but still my PC cannot find my scanner for my Canon iRC2380I. I have the Canon printer installed at home directly to my PC via printer cable thus I do not even have a network nor an IP address for the printer! I have spent many a sleepless trying to set up this scanner but to no avail. Is there anything else you can advice which may help? Anything would be very much appreciated. Thanks

have u tried using USB for connection between PC & Printer
    Set Use USB Device to 'On' to connect a computer with the machine via the USB port.
    1 -Press -[System Settings] - [USB Settings] -[Use USB Device].
    2 -Select [On] or [Off] -press [OK].

C3580i/iR C3080i/iR C2380i supports the UFR II and PCL printing function as standard.
    have u installed these drivers ??

The compact iRC2380i, iRC3080/i and iRC3580/i can be housed anywhere –
    connecting wirelessly to your network (LAN) and ready to go in minutes.

kamrankhan

Tried everything you said and still not working! Any further help would be appreciated. QUOTE=teckat;322866]have u tried using USB for connection between PC & PrinterSet Use USB Device to 'On' to connect a computer with the machine via the USB port.1 -Press -[System Settings] - [USB Settings] -[Use USB Device].2 -Select [On] or [Off] -press [OK].C3580i/iR C3080i/iR C2380i supports the UFR II and PCL printing function as standard.have u installed these drivers ??The compact iRC2380i, iRC3080/i and iRC3580/i can be housed anywhere –connecting wirelessly to your network (LAN) and ready to go in minutes.[/QUOTE]