Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Muhaimen

Talking Using mailbox in IR2200

I have Canon IR2200 and It supports mailbox feature.

How can I use this.. and how can I configure the machine?

Can any body help me, because I really need this...

Thank you all for help and for this good site..

Technician

I have Canon IR2200 and It supports mailbox feature

The mailbox for canon MFP is not the same as other brand. it is use for storing of document that you need re-print often(store from copier or print to mailbox).To use the mailbox (config is not needed) but to config it you need to go to additional function then select mailbox setting, then select user inbox setting, choose one of the box then you can key in the user name, set password and duration of storage. On the printer driver you need to get device status if the driver was install before the creating of user name. This is to import the name that was created on the machine to the printer driver. However without doing this the mailbox is still usable(just remember the mailbox Number). To store document ( you can print to mailbox or scan to mailbox) To scan to mailbox select mailbox, then select a user mailbox then choose scan to store the document (you can name the document before scanning). To print a document to the mailbox the copier need to have the network printer kit. If it is currently a printer then open a file (any file) select the printer driver go to properties (drop down print change to store) user dialog box will appear, choose the box you want to store the document.

Muhaimen

Thank you for reply

Thank you

I thought I can scan some papers and collect them all from my computer.

I will scan documents as before by Network ScanGear

rsraja_salem

purchese help

Now I am going to buy a RC CANON IR2200 which is converted to IR3300, If i purchese IR 3300(ORIGINAL IS IR 2200) any problem arise or it works good please help me

i dun get u clear bro what actually u intended to know..for your info the mailbox can act as a scanner and u can still retrieve to your pc by using JBIG software on RUI..need to know how? e-mail me..zaqmzm@yahoo.com.sg

Technician

I have Canon IR2200 and It supports mailbox feature

hi zkafs,
    Yes you are correct, but as for me I will never recommend anyone to use the Remote User Interface(RUI) to retrieve document from the mailbox. The reason are
    1 The documents store is the mailbox are in jbig format( fax compression format for super G3 fax) when you download from the mail box the size is always greater then 1Mb.
    2. You can only download 1 page at a time. Therefore for document more that 1 page( example 10 pages document you need to download 10 ten times and save 10 ten times)
    3. Although the Jbig viewer allow you to save in tiff format you still need to combine all the tiff images you download to obtain a single document(if the document you scan is more then 1 page)
    4 To download from the mailbox would require too many step to nagivate to the mail box.

Because of these reasons, scanning using the network scan gear is still a faster way, even through you have to go to copier to put you document go back to the PC and finally go back to the copier to collect you document.

Santino
    I have a related question to this topic:

How do you clear the mailbox entries, and information from Service mode?

I've tried MMI clear, DC-CON, R-CON and nothing seems to work.

We are sending a used machine to a new customer and want to ensure
    all traces of e-mail addresses, FAX numbers, scanned documents, etc.
    are wiped out.

Thank you very much for any insight.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

erasing

I cant help myself to add to this. Once you go into add. funct. and set up a mailbox, you need to set the time it stays stored in the mailbox to "0" "zero".
    default is three days. I've seen people spend hours setting up a mailbox and loading files, only to find out, after they come back from the weekend, they are gone. setting to zero, stays until your hard drive craps out.

as for Santino, clearing all those things was not a good idea. clearing rcon reader controller data. hopefully you put the values back in you took out.
    if you didn't want anything on hard drive, would have been just as easy to flash to format the hard drive and load the latest version of system software. I dont know your situation. if you have just as couple then of course that wouldn't be a good idea either, but at least you would be up to date.
    I never read the manual to find a easy way but what i do is clear all documents in that mailbox using the edit button. once cleared go to the additional funct. button mail box settings and look for the mailbox in question, then press initalize. it will be back to defalut. only that mailbox number. Or if it holds a lot of info, go to add funct and set the store time for a couple of hours, go to lunch, come back, and initialize.

Santino
    clearing all those things was not a good idea. clearing rcon reader controller data. hopefully you put the values back in you took out.
    if you didn't want anything on hard drive, would have been just as easy to flash to format the hard drive and load the latest version of system software.
    It's OK, we tried everything and also have a p-print. Our goal is to find
    a method to clear memory without resorting to lengthy formats. We are
    in a high volume facility which pushes up to 800 units per month.

I never read the manual to find a easy way but what i do is clear all documents in that mailbox using the edit button. once cleared go to the additional funct. button mail box settings and look for the mailbox in question, then press initalize. it will be back to defalut. only that mailbox number. Or if it holds a lot of info, go to add funct and set the store time for a couple of hours, go to lunch, come back, and initialize.
    That might be the best method as some machines have several mailboxes.
    It would be easier to set the timer and let the computer clear the memory
    as we setup the machine.

I'm amazed there isn't a batch feature in service mode to execute such
    a routine task.

Thanks for the reply.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I dont know what partition that resides on the hard drive, i looked for info, ran out of time for now. I was wondering if the clear address book would be the same partition? probably not. How about if you RUI into these machines if connected and work from there, at least you can sit down while you work. Or if you could just format the partition that holds the mail boxes. I have never tried an individual partition. Dont know if you can or not.
    I guess you do, do a lot of machines. 800. There have always been a few things I'd like to try and never had the chance or the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santino View Post
    It's OK, we tried everything and also have a p-print. Our goal is to find
    a method to clear memory without resorting to lengthy formats. We are
    in a high volume facility which pushes up to 800 units per month.

That might be the best method as some machines have several mailboxes.
    It would be easier to set the timer and let the computer clear the memory
    as we setup the machine.

I'm amazed there isn't a batch feature in service mode to execute such
    a routine task.

Thanks for the reply.