Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jack_101

Unhappy image pass h1 with IRC 5185

Hi Everyone.
    I am new to this forum with my problem. I have recently got a IRC 5185 with image pass H1. When I connect it and try to press Printer Tab on Control Panel it keep saying ....waiting... if not connected check the connection at back. and connections are ok . and also I checked that the LED diag message at back should be 16 64 29 and 8A and then 00 FF then 00. but I am getting 16 64 29 8E 00 FF then 00. If it needs new firmware where I can get it. I tried looking around on different sites but can't find it. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jack_101; 03-05-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    image pass h1 with IRC 5185

Re: image pass h1 with IRC 5185

Before Connecting H1 to printer
    - Make the following selections in the host machine's service mode, and set COPIER>OPTION>INTFACE>IMG-CONT to '3':(This way, the appropriate IP address will automatically be setup for communication between the machine and its host machine.) Power off /on ptinter-

then make your connections
    to printer//READ Pdf's
    imagePass H1 Install.pdf

H1_I&SG.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

jack_101

Quote Originally Posted by jack_101 View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    I am new to this forum with my problem. I have recently got a IRC 5185 with image pass H1. When I connect it and try to press Printer Tab on Control Panel it keep saying ....waiting... if not connected check the connection at back. and connections are ok . and also I checked that the LED diag message at back should be 16 64 29 and 8A and then 00 FF then 00. but I am getting 16 64 29 8E 00 FF then 00. If it needs new firmware where I can get it. I tried looking around on different sites but can't find it. Thanks in advance
    thanks, but I did this setting , that is why I am getting Printer Tab on my control panel

1-disconnect H1 from printer (crossover cable/& interface cable/
    2-return COPIER>OPTION>INTFACE>IMG-CONT back to "0"
    3-follow shut down procedure
    4-re-power up printer>
    5-return COPIER>OPTION>INTFACE>IMG-CONT back to "3"
    6-follow shut down procedure
    7-connect H1 back to printer>(crossover cable/& interface cable/
    8-re-power up printer>
    9-Printer Tab> input settings

jack_101

thanks, but I did this setting , that is why I am getting Printer Tab on my control panel
    I tried the settings and way you suggested but it did't make any difference.

I tried the settings and way you suggested but it did't make any difference.
    00, FF, then 00 usually means H1 Firmware is good------
    do u have another interface cable to test with ?

Test crossover cable/connect two computers together with it and have each one try to ping the others ip address).
    Try re-seating the boards and connections on/between the 2 devices. Pay special attention to the NIC in the copier and the internal NIC in the imagePASS (the imagePASS internal daughter NIC is called the 'Video Board').

Give your laptop an ip address of 10.255.255.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
    Disconnect the crossover cable from the imagePASS and connect it to your laptop's network interface. Your laptop will now be connected to the copier via the crossover cable.
    Try to ping the copier's ip address (10.255.255.2). If you get successful replies, the problem is most likely on the imagePASS side. If the copier fails to reply, the problem is most likely on the copier side.

Give your laptop an ip address of 10.255.255.2 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
    Disconnect the crossover cable from the copier and connect it to your laptop's network interface. Your laptop will now be connected to the imagePASS via the crossover cable.
    Try to ping the imagePASS' ip address (10.255.255.1). If you get successful replies, the problem is most likely on the copier side. If the imagePASS fails to reply, the problem is most likely on the imagePASS side.

Based on the results of steps 7 and 8, you may need to replace the appropriate Network Interface Board.

jack_101

Hi Everyone.

So, I connected my laptop giving ip address (as per ur suggestion ) . I am able to ping from laptop to copier and image pass with 0% loss. As per you, my image pass and machine both are working fine. what next???

So, I connected my laptop giving ip address (as per ur suggestion ) . I am able to ping from laptop to copier and image pass with 0% loss. As per you, my image pass and machine both are working fine. what next???

do u have a another interface cable to test with between printer & H1

+ post your 5185 Firmware data sheet -
    and post your USER DATA Printout

If u type your network IP address in the URL /IE browser - can u see the 5180 printer ??

jack_101

Just to update, The problem was with firmware of H1, after installing new firmware ..its working fine. So we can say that if we have 00 on image pass it is not always that the firmware is ok. But I would like to thank you for all your time and supoort.