Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: windows 8

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

windows 8

Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Download and try it
    enjoy
    Last edited by vigour; 03-22-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    windows 8

Re: windows 8

Good Lord....., I just started to get used to W7 and all the quirks with "ownership" and so on. Not to mention all those not available drivers for our older but still perfectly operating rental machines.........

Hans
    Last edited by Hansoon; 03-22-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Great if you happen to own a compatible tablet OR a touch screen monitor for your home/business pc.
    It's basically Win 7 with touch screen functionality added.

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Great if you happen to own a compatible tablet OR a touch screen monitor for your home/business pc.
    Seems to run/boot smoother than Windows 7. Funny, I installed it at home on my late 2006 model Mac Mini (clean install without bootcamp) and it works great! No driver issues other than the Apple remote and the performance counter. But after a quick web serch that was fixed. Also tryed it on my Asus Tablet and HP laptop. Like I said pretty smooth. I agree though Metro does take some getting used to if you aren't using a tablet.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    I installed it out of curiosity, and to see what functions might be affected from a hardware perspective. I was hoping it might be as simple as what you've said, but it seems MS has changed/removed (whatever you want to to call it) certain protocols, so, I don't know about Canon, but I came across this thread by searching "windows 8", and none of the Ricoh machines in my shop are able to scan to folder anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I installed it out of curiosity, and to see what functions might be affected from a hardware perspective. I was hoping it might be as simple as what you've said, but it seems MS has changed/removed (whatever you want to to call it) certain protocols, so, I don't know about Canon, but I came across this thread by searching "windows 8", and none of the Ricoh machines in my shop are able to scan to folder anymore
    Interesting, haven't tried that yet. Not really familiar with the Richo stuff but my KM 950's gave me a few hick-ups when setting up the scan to folder option with XP machines. I know W7 they "upgraded" security around certain protocols. I would double and triple check the security permissions as well as the login and passwords associated with the shared folder. Not saying you haven't done that already, just it always seems to be the little things we over look.

I will try and remember to bring in my tablet and try to replicate your problem tomorrow. Let you know what I find.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar

I used windows 8 at home for about a month. Switched back to win7 last weekend. Win8 creates too much "WIFE AGRO".