Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    afrotech
    Quote Originally Posted by joelio18 View Post
    That is an excelent solution! Thank you, it works great and best of all -free!
    Hey All
    my job is on the line because i have failed to get an ir 3045 to scan to emails, can some one plesae get me steps how to do this in the next 24 hrs, else am gone. how do i set the correct dns, my email is hosted externally. i also installed postcastserver but does not seem to work, let me know what you have

Afrotech

First thing.. Does this client have a IT personal handling their network. If so i suggest you get him involved. In order for you to be successful at completing this job you need the information from the client, SMTP SERVER INFO, DNS INFO, USER NAME, PASSWORD. When we, technicians setup email, we don't just type in any kind of information that we feel like, it has to be given to us in the right order. If they don't have a SMTP server, or if they are using a third party out going mail carrier the third party must provide them with the credentials (client info) Or you can set them up to scan to folder. (FTP)

Goodluck,
    SCREWTAPE!

oknaru
    Hi Christan,
    I have configured smtp on one of the PC using postcast and test mail from the same is fine , when i try from the printer its still giving error, the smtp server, port , email and other setup is fine, is it possiable that the pc on which i have installed postcast is password protected due to which i am not able to send mail ...what could be the reason...please help..i am blank...

oknaru

canon 2018i scan ti email setup

need help to do the setup try with various options but not working out , with various emial address and postcast too ...anyone know can help for scan to print setup

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by oknaru View Post
    need help to do the setup try with various options but not working out , with various emial address and postcast too ...anyone know can help for scan to print setup
    Do your customer have a smtp mailserver or is their mail server hosted by external party?
    Get the DNS server IP and mail server IP or Name from the System administrator. If not use nslookup and check the customer email client for the mail server. can you upload you config page.

For the postcast server the pc you install with postcastneed a static IP and onthe copier the smtp server should be the ip address or hostname of the pc install with poatcast.

"Harvey Dent"
    Quote Originally Posted by oknaru View Post
    Why don't you scan to file.(SMB)

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon scan to email

SMB is a lot more easy to set up.
    You can scan the documents and then email them afterwards.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

oknaru

canon 2018i scan ti email setup

postcast started working but giving error as ERROR : 550 5.7.0 static :70.105.60.179 rich .east.verizon.nt(70.105.60.179) blaklisted y zen.dnsbl....

i am trying without postcast also now ....to see if can bypass verizon...as my 3rd party email vendor zebra.com has allready relay the smtp for ip 70.105.60.179 as discussed with email vendor...if any ne has solution for above error ....in the mean while

...My scan to file is working fine for all the clients as define ....but this is clients requirement so taking it as a chalange...

thanks all for taking yr time...

Technician
    hi

what is this static ip 70.105.60.179. if you can't ping you can't send email.
    Most important for send to e-mail

1 SMTP Mail server IP address or Name.
    2 DNS IP address
    3 A e-mail address (prefer valid )
    4 Domain name.
    5 Need to check if the mail server need user login ( if required then E-mail Address of the user should be use)

As for postcast, do a test from another computer. Use another computer and config the e-mail client (outlook or any client) to point its smtp sever to the computer loaded with post cast and send a mail to see if it is working