CANON C1 linearization + calibration

Hello all

My question might be dumb but I need to ask

I have CANON C1 with special toner installed. It is used to make decals for pictures on porcelain tiles.

Everything is working OK, but (there is always one ).

Magenta I use is not like "regular" magenta. (It is bit more brown than magenta. When it is fired than it looks like real one)

When I try to calibrate machine with ES-1000 from my Fiery Q2 for magenta it says "wrong strip". Is there way to force fiery calibration software to believe that this is real magenta? (Cyan is red without any problems, I believe there would be no problems for yellow and black)

Is there any way I can do calibration or how to know what should be the density values for my proprietary colors?

Thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: CANON C1 linearization + calibration

You cannot influence on the process of calibration.

Either you need a software like "Profile-maker" to edit the color profile of magenta to your needs, or maybe try another densitometer who can read only density.

But I believe best option is to get the profile-maker if you know your way around.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dzingis View Post
    Hello all

My question might be dumb but I need to ask

I have CANON C1 with special toner installed. It is used to make decals for pictures on porcelain tiles.

Everything is working OK, but (there is always one ).

Magenta I use is not like "regular" magenta. (It is bit more brown than magenta. When it is fired than it looks like real one)

When I try to calibrate machine with ES-1000 from my Fiery Q2 for magenta it says "wrong strip". Is there way to force fiery calibration software to believe that this is real magenta? (Cyan is red without any problems, I believe there would be no problems for yellow and black)

Is there any way I can do calibration or how to know what should be the density values for my proprietary colors?

Thanks in advance

Did u try using unsorted patches for calibration

EFI Color Profiler Suite Software Upgrade for EFI ES-1000/ Is for customers who already own an EFI ES-1000.

EFI Color Profiler Suite
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

actually this kind of special toner and color cannot be calibrate as usual. Do u try use colorcal instead using any calibrator. No way to calibrate it by normal method.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You have to think "out of the box"

You cannot influence on the calibration process which is made for standard cmyk.

Instead you can import a "ready made" color profile into the system. To do that you need a software called "profile maker" and a densitometer.
    Of course the software is expensive, but if you can allow yourself to have it, than this should do the trick.