Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

!!URGENT!! Canon MF6590 USB Failure??? !!URGENT!!

Hello,

OK, there was a Canon MF6590 hooked up to a PC when the PSU blew up and the USB port that the Canon was connected to does not work now either. would i be able to remove the old USB female connector on the canon board with a new one and fix the problem? or is there something else on the board that could have blown that would need replacing too? The boards are too expensive so i am looking for the cheapest way to fix it preferably re-solder new connectors etc..

The Printing from network - WORKS

Fax - Works

Functional Without Errors but scan acts like it is not there after this happened also tried other PCs but does not recognize anything

TechSoupJM

Re: !!URGENT!! Canon MF6590 USB Failure??? !!URGENT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkc View Post
    Hello,

OK, there was a Canon MF6590 hooked up to a PC when the PSU blew up and the USB port that the Canon was connected to does not work now either. would i be able to remove the old USB female connector on the canon board with a new one and fix the problem? or is there something else on the board that could have blown that would need replacing too? The boards are too expensive so i am looking for the cheapest way to fix it preferably re-solder new connectors etc..

The Printing from network - WORKS

Fax - Works

Functional Without Errors but scan acts like it is not there after this happened also tried other PCs but does not recognize anything
    There is a good chance that this board can not be fixed. The MPU that is used is Canon specific and they do not make it available. Unfortunately the USB comunication line are not buffered between the connector and that MPU. I have seen this several times on the IR1023 and IR1025 engines.