Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: E000744-2000

Question E000744-2000

i replaced the harddrive of my Canon IRC 3080i because it has an E00602-001 error. After I installed the new harddrive it gives me now an E000744-2000 error. How can i resolve this problem? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
    COBRA

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    E000744-2000

Re: E000744-2000

Reinstall system.Use firmware.(ver.90 or latest)

Harddrive model? Read PDF.....irc3380-037.pdf
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E000744-2000

1- format hdd
    2- re/load firmware
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    1- format hdd 2- re/load firmware
    Thanks teckat. I have the firmware for IRC 3380 and I'm using the sst ver 4.63. I was able to register the firmware. the problem i'm having now is the model don't appear on model list to connect. i try to use the start assist mode but it says that the necessary firmware IRC 3380 is not registered. But when I check the sst for registered firmware the IRC 3380 is registered. Can you please guide me. Thanks
    COBRA

E000744-2000

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    Thanks teckat. I have the firmware for IRC 3380 and I'm using the sst ver 4.63. I was able to register the firmware. the problem i'm having now is the model don't appear on model list to connect. i try to use the start assist mode but it says that the necessary firmware IRC 3380 is not registered. But when I check the sst for registered firmware the IRC 3380 is registered. Can you please guide me. Thanks

1.-make sure u only have one version of SST on laptop
    2.-if no>uninistall older version of SST/
    3.-if yes >open SST> select Delete Firmware>then scroll down to locate iRC3380>put a check mark in all boxes shown> make sure to scroll up a bit and check box under iRC3380 DCON
    4.-now look over to the right u should see a window with a warning on top that firmware will need to be re-registered > if u see no firmware in window, your firmware was not registered correct> if u see firmware in window something went wrong------------
    5.- select REMOVE> when finished> shut down SST> then re-start SST-
    6.- Highlight/Select REGISTER FIRMWARE>select in that lower window this sequence >
    C:\Canon File Folder\SST System Software Folder\SST Files\CiRC3380_V3_v92.05 or what ever ver u
    have/double click the 3380 folder icon>select search>
    u should now see all of the 3380 firmware that needs to be loaded with check boxes> select Register

try to then RE-LOAD on printer

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    1.-make sure u only have one version of SST on laptop 2.-if no>uninistall older version of SST/ 3.-if yes >open SST> select Delete Firmware>then scroll down to locate iRC3380>put a check mark in all boxes shown> make sure to scroll up a bit and check box under iRC3380 DCON 4.-now look over to the right u should see a window with a warning on top that firmware will need to be re-registered > if u see no firmware in window, your firmware was not registered correct> if u see firmware in window something went wrong------------ 5.- select REMOVE> when finished> shut down SST> then re-start SST- 6.- Highlight/Select REGISTER FIRMWARE>select in that lower window this sequence > C:\Canon File Folder\SST System Software Folder\SST Files\CiRC3380_V3_v92.05 or what ever ver u have/double click the 3380 folder icon>select search> u should now see all of the 3380 firmware that needs to be loaded with check boxes> select Register try to then RE-LOAD on printer
    I have done all the steps and was able to remove and re- register the firmware. but again when i connect, the select a model to connect on the right side of sst shows no model. try assist and start and now it says necessary firmware not registered. series name: unknown. im able to connect to copier using a cross over cable. i can ping the copier ip. so im thinking if this is a harddrive problem? this harddrive came from a supplier and it gives me a e000744-2000 error since i installed it.
    COBRA

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Try this, to see if it works for you: 1) - Create a "New Folder" on the desktop. 2) - Unzip the iR C3380 firmware (from its location), to expose the individual flash files inside. 3) - Drag the individual files (system, boot,lang, RUI, etc) that you wish to register in the sst, into the New Folder which you created on your computer's desktop. 4) - Copy and Paste this "New Folder" now containing your firmware files, into drive C or any other. 5) - You may now start your sst and register the firmware from your new folder, the normal way.

E000744-2000

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    I have done all the steps and was able to remove and re- register the firmware. but again when i connect, the select a model to connect on the right side of sst shows no model. try assist and start and now it says necessary firmware not registered. series name: unknown. im able to connect to copier using a cross over cable. i can ping the copier ip. so im thinking if this is a harddrive problem? this harddrive came from a supplier and it gives me a e000744-2000 error since i installed it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- u need to use a Canon OEM HDD or the same HDD model that was removed from printer, f you can see the registered 3380 firmware---------------------it's the HDD that the SST is not recognizing----

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    E000744-2000

the only easy solution is to install sst version 3.04 or 3.11. these version shows all machine models. don't go upgraded version for this machine. coz these two versions are like a slave to us. what ever we said it will do.

E000744-2000

if firmware is loaded correct and u have only one version of SST on laptop all Firmware for all Models that u register will show up---------------------------as registered-------------

even on latest SST ver. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!