Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    asi102

Canon iR2870 - Scan to e-mail End Code 752

Hi,

I have a Canon MFD iR2870 with the Universal Send Kit installed and I have all the settings saved on this machine for "scan to e-mail" feature. But when I'm scanning a document it doesn't send it and there is this error called that I can see on the Log of the machine. The error details are as follows:

Result: NG
    End Code: #752

As a result nothing is sent but, also, no details are shown about this error or why it doesn't send.

Just wondering if there is anyone who knows what error 752 is or where should I consider to investigate/change on the settings to make it work.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Asi102

could be a number of things really.

not sure about that code but...

u need to provide a little more info please. what email server is the client using? is everything done through the client or is there An external isp dealing with there email? IE is there an email server on site?

when u send the document what message comes up on the bottom of the send screen? resending?
    can u scan a file to a folder on the network properly?
    have u got the correct DNS settings in the copier? u must include domain name etc.
    answer those questions for me and i might have a clearer understanding of your problem. let me know chap

mkinkley

Canon Gp200s- Service Manual

Does anyone hae a servie manual for the Canon Gp 200s avaialble?

Mike

Tin Man

Smile DNS Server Settings

Have to set the domain name under "DNS Server Settings" under Additional Functions? If this does not help, can you provide more details?

asi102
    Hi,

Thank you for the replies. I have completed all the settings with the correct and complete information. I know that because I’ve done it for other similar machines within the same WAN network (different sites but connected to the same network and same server) and these machines are working perfectly. I have also double-checked the settings of this machine against another one that works perfectly and everything is exactly the same. Still, the documents scanned on this machine are not received at the destination.

I don’t know 100% for sure if there is a message on the machine’s display when scanning the document. That is because I’m doing the settings remotely and I only have a user doing the actual scanning. She reported to me that all went well, so I assume there is no message, but maybe there is and is just that she didn’t saw that. I’ll ask her to run another test and look for this. If there is a message, I’ll report it in here.

I have done a separate test by entering different user name / e-mail / password details, but still the same issue.

The error number 752 is reported on the log of the machine. Still, all I’m after is what this error message is. I have made several searches over the internet but I simply couldn’t find anything, unfortunately.

Maybe there is a place on the internet where I can find the Canon manuals where these errors are documented and I can check in there… I have downloaded already all the documents I was able to find but there is no reference to this error number in them (in fact, no error numbers at all).

Well, that’s all I have as details for now. I still hope I’ll get something about this…

Thank you.

Asi102

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by asi102 View Post
    Hi,

I have a Canon MFD iR2870 with the Universal Send Kit installed and I have all the settings saved on this machine for "scan to e-mail" feature. But when I'm scanning a document it doesn't send it and there is this error called that I can see on the Log of the machine. The error details are as follows:

Result: NG
    End Code: #752

As a result nothing is sent but, also, no details are shown about this error or why it doesn't send.

Just wondering if there is anyone who knows what error 752 is or where should I consider to investigate/change on the settings to make it work.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Asi102

Error 752 SMTP error
    Causes
    Smtp server name or Ip address is not correct.
    The sever is down or not functioning.
    The network is down or unreachable.
    The Domain name or email address is not configured correctly

Solutions
    Make sure DNS is setup properly and/or the ip address is correct.
    Check the network status.
    Check the server status.
    Check the DNS server ip address.
    Check that you have the correct email domain and email address and correctly entered into machine.
    Check the and make sure the email address/password are setup correctly on the Email server.
    Use the machines ping address to ping the email server.
    Check to see if the network has the correct port open for email transmissions. (I have a couple who have this blocked)

Hope this helps
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

asi102

Error 802 on Scan to E-mail

Hi Mr Spock,

Thank you for the error details, they proved to be very useful. Sorry it took a while to respond but I had delays because of the summer – Christmas – New Year break that was across here.

I have found that the DNS details needed to be updated and I’ve done that. So we had a progress there – and this is the good news. But unfortunately there is also bad news: Now I have the error 802. Just wondering if you have the technical details of this error 802 as this would be of much help to me.

Thank you and much appreciated.

Asi102

GreenTwig

Talking List of End Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Error 752 SMTP error
    Causes
    Smtp server name or Ip address is not correct.
    The sever is down or not functioning.
    The network is down or unreachable.
    The Domain name or email address is not configured correctly
    Hey Mr Spock!

You have a manual with those codes?

I'm after End Code 899, I'm assuming it went through fine as the user gets the email, but it's for peace of mind of the end users when we look through the logs...

I've tried calling Canon for them but I'm currently on the "Put you onto Tech support" call hold cycle...

Love it...

Cheers!

Rolly

mike g
    Quote Originally Posted by asi102 View Post
    Hi Mr Spock,

Thank you for the error details, they proved to be very useful. Sorry it took a while to respond but I had delays because of the summer – Christmas – New Year break that was across here.

I have found that the DNS details needed to be updated and I’ve done that. So we had a progress there – and this is the good news. But unfortunately there is also bad news: Now I have the error 802. Just wondering if you have the technical details of this error 802 as this would be of much help to me.

Thank you and much appreciated.

Asi102
    Hi Asi102
    try this out
    Error :

Symptom was that the machine would intermittently lock up when sending email. The machine would then have to be rebooted to bring back to functionality.

A #802 was recorded when sending within the network and #806 when sending to the internet.

Workaround :
    The solution was to increase data size to 99 for sending under:

Additional Functions>Systems settings>Common settings>Email/I-Fax settings.

Good Luck, Mike

hilmarusd

Re: Canon iR2870 - Scan to e-mail End Code 752

Just in case someone else out there is having the same issue as me, I thought I'd mention here that this error could also be an issue with a content filter. Normally our copiers are on a specific VLAN that does not require the systems to authenticate with the content filter, but this particular machine was on the same network as students, which means when it tried to contact the SMTP server, it was getting redirected to an authentication page.

Moral of the story: Check your content filter's authentication settings to ensure the copier can actually get out to the web without having to go through the login process!