Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Using the Canon Driver Configuration Tool but...

Hi all,

I'm using the Canon Driver Configuration Tool to set the "Output Method" to "Store" (to force to use the mailboxes) and enable/disable some other features on the iR3245 original driver but I'm having some issues:

1. On the Driver Settings I changed the Output Method to "Store" (the default is "Print") and then after the new driver is created and installed on the Print Server (Windows Server) the Output Method remains configured as "Print" and should be "Store". I can change it there on the server but it changes back to Print.

2. If I use the Dialog Box Elements Display Settings to enable just the "Store" option and hide all other Output Methods the Print option remains as default (but disabled), when tested users print directly without mailbox (fail!)

3. If I use instead the hide option (not disable) for all others that "Store" the Store option is now shown but with no Store Destination button and when tested some users are able to use "Store" (mailbox) as default and some others don't, they print directly without mailbox (fail!)

Too complex? I was able to do it correctly 1 year ago with another printer model but I don't remember the correct sert of configurations in this tool (is kind of tricky to be honest).

Kronic Copier Ninja 100+ Posts kronical's Avatar
    Although I have not seen or used this tool, I can tell you that your first problem (not retaining the setting) is a server os issue. You need to set your defaults on the 'Printing Defaults' button under the advanced tab of the driver properties, reboot then redeploy. Setting the defaults under preferences via General tab wont retain. This has come up numerous times now on newer win server platforms.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Using the Canon Driver Configuration Tool but...

Re: Using the Canon Driver Configuration Tool but...

Quote Originally Posted by TJBoy View Post
    Hi all,

I'm using the Canon Driver Configuration Tool to set the "Output Method" to "Store" (to force to use the mailboxes) and enable/disable some other features on the iR3245 original driver but I'm having some issues:

1. On the Driver Settings I changed the Output Method to "Store" (the default is "Print") and then after the new driver is created and installed on the Print Server (Windows Server) the Output Method remains configured as "Print" and should be "Store". I can change it there on the server but it changes back to Print.

2. If I use the Dialog Box Elements Display Settings to enable just the "Store" option and hide all other Output Methods the Print option remains as default (but disabled), when tested users print directly without mailbox (fail!)

3. If I use instead the hide option (not disable) for all others that "Store" the Store option is now shown but with no Store Destination button and when tested some users are able to use "Store" (mailbox) as default and some others don't, they print directly without mailbox (fail!)

Too complex? I was able to do it correctly 1 year ago with another printer model but I don't remember the correct sert of configurations in this tool (is kind of tricky to be honest).

Canon Driver Configuration User Guide-1.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**