Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Exclamation C3220 - E351 error

Hi, my C3220 is throwing a new error (E351-0000), if I turn it off and back on it work perfectly fine for 10-30 minutes and it throw same code again..

My service manuel tel me it's the ECO-ID PCB that need to be replaced... but the diagram that show where it's located is not accurate, I guess it's for the C3200 because there's no ECO-ID PCB there.

Can anyone point me where is the ECO-ID PCB in the C3220 please??

Thanks

Technician

Re: C3220 - E351 error

No one have a more precise diagram of the C3220 that can help me locate the ECO-ID PCB please???
    The copier is literally in peices now and still did not found it

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3220 - E351 error

Quote Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
    Hi, my C3220 is throwing a new error (E351-0000), if I turn it off and back on it work perfectly fine for 10-30 minutes and it throw same code again..

My service manuel tel me it's the ECO-ID PCB that need to be replaced... but the diagram that show where it's located is not accurate, I guess it's for the C3200 because there's no ECO-ID PCB there.

Can anyone point me where is the ECO-ID PCB in the C3220 please??

Thanks
    ECO ID PCB is still considered a restricted item and can only be obtained by contacting the Canon Technical Support Center.

First check and re-seat all connections to the SRAM PCB, Main Controller, Counter Memory PCB and the ECO/ID PCB.

3200-3220--PCB's.JPG

When performing repair due to one of the error codes above, please adhere to the following rules:
    1. Boards from other machines (ECO, Counter and SRAM PCB’s cannot be taken from one machine and tested in another. Serious problems will arise rendering the machine inoperable.
    2. Never replace two boards in the Soft Counter circuit at the same time. This would be any two either the Counter Memory PCB, SRAM or ECO PCB.
    Doing so may change the symptom to an E355 code that would become un-clearable.

The Counter Memory PCB, ECO PCB and SRAM PCB work as a triplet set and are considered the “Soft Counter Circuit”. These three PCB’s are embedded with their own special serial numbers and none of these can be swapped to another machine. Whenever a Counter Memory PCB must be replaced, the new Counter Memory PCB learns the Total Count from the SRAM and customer values for copy counts are retained.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

wow, thanks teckat for all the info.

I was not going to try to swap them, I only wanted to visually inspect it.

with the picture, I finally found it, it look totally fine... all connection are perfectly seated everywhere.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's not an electric problem...

I had some weird problem with this copier, I think there's a grounding issue, because when I put the back cover, it stop working, throw random error code.... so I decided to run it without the cover, and it have run for a year with no problem... until now... maybe the electric problem got worst?? Ever had that kind of problem?

Thanks again.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3220 - E351 error

do not run printer without back cover

what random error ??? e351 ?/
    was this e351 before u played with PCB's or after ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**