Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Canon IPF 8000 wasting ink and error

The error we had was 03800500-2F2F and we replaced the head management sensor. Now it's 03800500-2F30 Head management sensor position adjustment error.
    So few questions What does these problems have to do with it draining SOOO much ink when we install a new cartridge. We have more tanks empty tanks again. It's like you install a new tanks and it takes 15-25% out of the others and fills the waste. Any help is appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Re: Canon IPF 8000 wasting ink and error

Quote Originally Posted by chairsurvivor View Post
    The error we had was 03800500-2F2F and we replaced the head management sensor. Now it's 03800500-2F30 Head management sensor position adjustment error.
    So few questions What does these problems have to do with it draining SOOO much ink when we install a new cartridge. We have more tanks empty tanks again. It's like you install a new tanks and it takes 15-25% out of the others and fills the waste. Any help is appreciated.

same question i ask cos im facing the same problem in draining so much ink ..
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Guys !

I strongly suggest that you read the service manual.
    All your questions will be answered.
    And I have a feeling that you are not technicians.

Generally the 2f2f error means that the sensor is not sensing any ink coming from the head for that specific color.
    Which means that the procedure is like this:
    Printhead is on top of the sensor shooting ink.
    First trial = 0
    Second = 0
    Third = 0
    Than printhead goes to purge unit to be cleaned. Guess what - shooting ink too.
    Than again on top of the sensor.

This whole procedure is repeated 3 or 4 times if I am not wrong.
    And the above procedure is only for one color. It has to be done for all colors.

Believe me - A good tech would have saved you a lot of bucks !

Technician

V-P Thank for your reply. You are correct we are not wide format service techs. We work on Inkjets and Laser machines all day long and only a few wide formats.They were HP's. The machine was giving to us because she was quoted $1000,00 for a 'good service tech" to just look at it. heads@ $500.00 each, main board @ $1750.00, 12 tanks of ink. she just got a nice replacement for 3K with 1/2 the tanks. We had an error and we replaced the part needed now we have a new error and will look at that part. We do have the service manual and will follow your advice. We are setting up an phone service call @ $70.00 an hour from the folks we got the parts from. If that is something you offer please let us know. Again thank you for taking to time to reply.

Above all I appreciate honesty !
    And since I sense some in your reply - here I go:

Generally speaking...

First thing to do when you have a 2F2F error is to understand which part is playing with you.

Before replacing anything on the printer I would go to service mode and print a nozzle check print.
    If the printout is ok and you see all the colors - it means that you can rule out tubes and printhead and purge unit (to some degree the purge unit)
    It means that the printhead is shooting ink correctly BUT this is not being read by the sensor.
    Usually a dirty sensor would do that. I don't replace sensors often (if any) - cleaning does the trick.

If the printout is NOT ok and you don't see a train of color or more - it means that the problem is PRINTHEAD or tubing system or "May God Help You".
    First you check the tubes for air bubbles. Than replace printhead and check again. Than replace the purge unit (even if it doesn't make much sense to you now).

If all these don't help .....

70 USD for hotline -
    I talk to people for free - lol

Technician

Again Thank you, we did a nozzle checks nothing comes out ether head. Acted like it was working but still no ink. It even cuts the paper when done. Pulled the heads a few times and they both have always had fantastic foot prints so we know they are not dried out. We have ran purge and cleaning cycle and has gone though a ton of ink filling the waste up the same goes for installing a new cart. As it sits, lines are empty but will fill when cleaning or purging
    Our 1st error was head management sensor and we replaced it. We find it odd two heads going out at once with no head errors. I read some where where they had this problem and was told to replace heads. They did and it still did not fix it. They did not post what did actually worked. For all I know they didn't get it fixed.

Wink Re: Canon IPF 8000 wasting ink and error

verification of nozzles prints. in service mode. should get this.

head ipf 8000.JPG your scans your test. upload it to see it.
    if you leave blank the majority. not impriendo head. wrong, hoses with arie.
    if you leave some clogged just have to delete the message.
    obstructs the sensor checker boquillas.esto saying you do change to cleaner maintenance shaft. the carriage moves only covers the sensor and nozzle tester with black tape. and pretend you've changed. cleaner. axis. and take it out. wear. later. cleaning run. Head A. when you finish 2f30 mark. all this. mode. service.
    if you want. ostruyendo let the tape. the sensor. turn off and turn on and you can print. if 2f30 lale again. just turn off and turn it on. and ready.
    see picture. 1,2,3
    sensor de no disparos 1.JPGsensor no disparos 2.JPGsensor no disparos 3.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by chairsurvivor View Post
    Again Thank you, we did a nozzle checks nothing comes out ether head. Acted like it was working but still no ink. It even cuts the paper when done. Pulled the heads a few times and they both have always had fantastic foot prints so we know they are not dried out. We have ran purge and cleaning cycle and has gone though a ton of ink filling the waste up the same goes for installing a new cart. As it sits, lines are empty but will fill when cleaning or purging
    Our 1st error was head management sensor and we replaced it. We find it odd two heads going out at once with no head errors. I read some where where they had this problem and was told to replace heads. They did and it still did not fix it. They did not post what did actually worked. For all I know they didn't get it fixed.
    Sorry for the late answer - been on vacation

From what you tell - Looks like you have electric issues (contact between printhead - carriage)

Still I would replace the print heads first and than carriage unit.