Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    crystalman

iR-3035 paper jam at exit

customer complains that paper jams right after fuser unit on 1st copy of the day or if it has sat for awhile. it didn't jam on me while i was out there. i cleaned all the paper guides before and after fuser unit and the side door (it was pretty dirty). cleaned all the paper feed rollers. removed and checked the fuser. i noticed the cleaning roller was caked with toner, would this cause the paper jam? they're just pain in the neck to clean, should i just replace it instead? fuser rollers (or film) looked fair. they bought this machine used so i don't know when it was serviced last. has about 200k i think. i noticed fuser units are very expensive.
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    iR-3035 paper jam at exit

Re: iR-3035 paper jam at exit

Quote Originally Posted by crystalman View Post
    customer complains that paper jams right after fuser unit on 1st copy of the day or if it has sat for awhile.
    Damp paper? what sort of paper are they using?

Quote Originally Posted by crystalman View Post
    i noticed the cleaning roller was caked with toner, would this cause the paper jam? they're just pain in the neck to clean, should i just replace it instead? fuser rollers (or film) looked fair. they bought this machine used so i don't know when it was serviced last. has about 200k i think. i noticed fuser units are very expensive.
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    The cleaning roller should be replaced as soon as you notice a build up of toner on it as it prolongs the life of the pressure roller, the fuser can be rebuild you dont need a new one.