Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    susantci

ir2200 - problem scanning to file from address book on machine

I have a client that I recently upgraded from a Windows 2003 workgroup server to a windows 2008 r2 domain. The copier they have is the ir2200. There were options in the address book on the copier to copy to a PDF file and save it on the last server. I have tried to get this to work with the new server but have had no luck. I can't get the copier to login to the new server. I have a feeling it is something stupid like not using the proper syntax in the user name. I changed the group policies to use Windows NT compatible security.

Any ideas?
    I cannot find a manual online anywhere for what I am trying to do. If anyone can help I would appreicate it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir2200 - problem scanning to file from address book on machine

Re: ir2200 - problem scanning to file from address book on machine

Quote Originally Posted by susantci View Post
    I have a client that I recently upgraded from a Windows 2003 workgroup server to a windows 2008 r2 domain. The copier they have is the ir2200. There were options in the address book on the copier to copy to a PDF file and save it on the last server. I have tried to get this to work with the new server but have had no luck. I can't get the copier to login to the new server. I have a feeling it is something stupid like not using the proper syntax in the user name. I changed the group policies to use Windows NT compatible security.

Any ideas?
    I cannot find a manual online anywhere for what I am trying to do. If anyone can help I would appreicate it.
    see link below

Blue Ridge Copier
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

_ 250+ Posts

Re: ir2200 - problem scanning to file from address book on machine

Quote Originally Posted by susantci View Post

Any ideas?
    Hi,

Your 2003 server might have been tweak with a setting, read this link:

Universal Send to push a file to a SMB share

It gives steps to lower security of the server so older iR machines' Unversal send works.

If lowering your new 2008 server security can't be done at all, you might have explore using FTP from your iR to a FTP server.