Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon IR 3300

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon IR 3300

Canon IR 3300

I need a second opinion on this machine problem. I cannot get into diagnostic routine which is (additional func)* 28 *(addtional func) to clear a fuser fault.( E0000-00003) I checked all the connectors and Lvps. the display screen is lit, the background intensity adjusts, but it seems like the keys do not function,but I cant test it becuase it is in code. Ive tried to enter serveral different waysie... turn on machine enter code..... unplug machine enter code.... I think that the display keyboard is the culprit (bad) . can anyone give me any-other options other than to replace the key pad first?

thanx arnie

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IR 3300

Open the key pad and clean the key contacts otherwise there is no short cut.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon IR 3300

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERTEC ASSOCIATES View Post
    Open the key pad and clean the key contacts otherwise there is no short cut.
    ill give it a shot. ...but,do you have an used panel or pwb I can buy off you? just in case of wasting time of removing it and customer fustration on waiting for it to be operable. i can pay thru paypal. thanx arnie

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Try & start the machine in safe mode, turn the machine off then turn it back on while holding down the 2 & the 8 keys. if this works you know your control panel is OK.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon IR 3300

Quote Originally Posted by Canon.Tech View Post
    Try & start the machine in safe mode, turn the machine off then turn it back on while holding down the 2 & the 8 keys. if this works you know your control panel is OK.
    yeah... it went into "download mode" which throws my theory down the %&$#er. Any suggestions ?, my nest idea is to find a hole big enough for this beast! the customer has over 4 mil and wont upgrade. thanx for your help, arnie

Quote Originally Posted by Discountcopiers View Post
    yeah... it went into "download mode" which throws my theory down the %&$#er. Any suggestions ?, my nest idea is to find a hole big enough for this beast! the customer has over 4 mil and wont upgrade. thanx for your help, arnie
    There is two way to enter service mode: 1. Combination key is: Addictional Function, 2 then 8 then Additional Funtion2. Additional Funtion, 2 and 8 (same time) then Additional Funtion (This work for me with these model iR3300)Hope that helpfull

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 3300

Note:this model uses procedure below for service mode and not a single press of 2 than 8 ---- Press the (*additional func)key, ‘2’ and ‘8’ at the same time, and the (*additional func key once again. your additional func key may be stuck or not making contact with switch on control panel board/ does the add function key make a click sound when pressed ???
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 250+ Posts

If the machine has done 4 million then it really is time for the customer to upgrade! This machine will be nothing but trouble & expense.

However we have some customers like this, what we do is install a lower millage model for free, something that will be more reliable for them.